No announcement yet.

Forum Members Going to St Louis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have reservations at the secondary hotel, but, because of health complications, we will be unable to attend. If somebody needs a reservation, let me know in a couple of days, and you can have ours. I had been looking forward to the meet for a long time, but sometimes things just don't work out.

Comment

My wife and I will be there starting Monday. Keep me posted on where to get a forum badge.
      thanks,
      John

Comment

I am going up Monday and looking forward to the newsletter editors' meeting(s) on Tuesday. I also want to meet Donald Erickson of Lark Works. He supplied material, supplies and excellent advice for rewiring my '55.

Charlie D.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie D View Post
          I am going up Monday and looking forward to the newsletter editors' meeting(s) on Tuesday. I also want to meet Donald Erickson of Lark Works. He supplied material, supplies and excellent advice for rewiring my '55.

Charlie D.
          Right, Charlie; the Eriksons are nice folks. It's good to have such young, dedicated vendors in The Studebaker Hobby. BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
          "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by BShaw View Post
            I still have a bag of forum buttons and will bring them to the IM. Perhaps one of our vendors will volunteer to be the pickup point? If so, I will get the supply to them...or you can track me down...or, if someone wants to set up a "Rehydration Station" forum folks could wander in there.

Joe and I could handle that.
            sigpic

"In the heart of Arkansas."
            Searcy, Arkansas
            1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
            1952 2R pickup

Comment

I'll be there all week vending. The new 2016 Studebaker calendars are ready!
              Steve Grant
              a.k.a. the Madd Doodler
              www.madddoodler.com
              Kinzua Region Chapter
              1881 Grain Wagon
              1951 Champion Starlight Coupe 1:1 scale model kit
              1951 Champion business coupe Pro Street (project)
              1959 Lark 2 dr sdn
              1963 Avanti R2 4 spd
              1963 Avanti R2 auto

Comment

Originally posted by 52-fan View Post
                Joe and I could handle that.
                Okay! I will be droppong off the forum buttons at Joe and Howard's swap space just outside if the SI room when I arrive on Monday.
                sigpic
                Bob Shaw
                Rush City, Minnesota
                1960 Hawk - www.northstarstudebakers.com
                "The farther I go, the behinder I get."

Comment

Has the SDC given out any travel updates?
                  Any extra security?
                  HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post
                    Has the SDC given out any travel updates?
                    Any extra security?
                    Maryland Heights has probably less crime than Savanah. St. Louis county has about 99 small municipalities and they all want control over their jurisdiction. The main funding is through things like tickets and court costs. The average citizen is as good as it gets, and there are many nice interracial municipalities without any problems what-so-ever!
                    That being said we do have security in place for all the parking and vendor areas.
                    Bez Auto Alchemy
                    573-318-8948
                    http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Means nothing when people are rioting eight miles from the host hotel.
                      My question was about security, and travel advisories.
                      One of the interstates leading there is shut down by 'protesters' this very minute.
                      One would hope some routing advisories would be forthcoming.
                      Your Savannah comment is irrelevant, but probably true.
                      I could care less about the demographics. Just the IM prep and participant safety.

Originally posted by bezhawk View Post
                      Maryland Heights has probably less crime than Savanah. St. Louis county has about 99 small municipalities and they all want control over their jurisdiction. The main funding is through things like tickets and court costs. The average citizen is as good as it gets, and there are many nice interracial municipalities without any problems what-so-ever!
                      That being said we do have security in place for all the parking and vendor areas.
                      HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Like any other big city with undesirable neighborhoods known for bad behaviour, if one really MUST go there for any reason, then travel only in a group, and not at night when most of these incidences that make the national news occur.

Craig

Comment

In today's world violence can happen anywhere, we have seen it in churches, theaters and yes in the St Louis area. What we can't do is live our lives in fear, go enjoy the meet. I will, my insurance includes a c/c permit.
                          sigpicIt is an addiction!

Comment

Plus one and then some.......eight miles is too close to say "it will be ok".......
                            Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post
                            Means nothing when people are rioting eight miles from the host hotel.
                            My question was about security, and travel advisories.
                            One of the interstates leading there is shut down by 'protesters' this very minute.
                            One would hope some routing advisories would be forthcoming.
                            Your Savannah comment is irrelevant, but probably true.
                            I could care less about the demographics. Just the IM prep and participant safety.

Comment

Nice & close. I'm a new member & owner of a M5 project. I'm hunting some parts!

Comment

About the "riots". VERY much in one small concentrated area & not very big. More of a news story than anything else. The law enforcement wouldn't allow this to be much larger than a couple of blocks & not anything to give 2nd thoughts about in terns of coming to our city.

Comment

Working...
                                X