Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jbwhttail
    replied
    In today's world violence can happen anywhere, we have seen it in churches, theaters and yes in the St Louis area. What we can't do is live our lives in fear, go enjoy the meet. I will, my insurance includes a c/c permit.

Leave a comment:

• 8E45E
    replied
    Like any other big city with undesirable neighborhoods known for bad behaviour, if one really MUST go there for any reason, then travel only in a group, and not at night when most of these incidences that make the national news occur.

Craig

Leave a comment:

• DEEPNHOCK
    replied
    Means nothing when people are rioting eight miles from the host hotel.
    My question was about security, and travel advisories.
    One of the interstates leading there is shut down by 'protesters' this very minute.
    One would hope some routing advisories would be forthcoming.
    Your Savannah comment is irrelevant, but probably true.
    I could care less about the demographics. Just the IM prep and participant safety.

Originally posted by bezhawk View Post
    Maryland Heights has probably less crime than Savanah. St. Louis county has about 99 small municipalities and they all want control over their jurisdiction. The main funding is through things like tickets and court costs. The average citizen is as good as it gets, and there are many nice interracial municipalities without any problems what-so-ever!
    That being said we do have security in place for all the parking and vendor areas.

Leave a comment:

• bezhawk
    replied
    Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post
    Has the SDC given out any travel updates?
    Any extra security?
    Maryland Heights has probably less crime than Savanah. St. Louis county has about 99 small municipalities and they all want control over their jurisdiction. The main funding is through things like tickets and court costs. The average citizen is as good as it gets, and there are many nice interracial municipalities without any problems what-so-ever!
    That being said we do have security in place for all the parking and vendor areas.

Leave a comment:

• DEEPNHOCK
    replied
    Has the SDC given out any travel updates?
    Any extra security?

Leave a comment:

• BShaw
    replied
    Originally posted by 52-fan View Post
    Joe and I could handle that.
    Okay! I will be droppong off the forum buttons at Joe and Howard's swap space just outside if the SI room when I arrive on Monday.

Leave a comment:

• Madd Doodler
    replied
    I'll be there all week vending. The new 2016 Studebaker calendars are ready!

Leave a comment:

• 52-fan
    replied
    Originally posted by BShaw View Post
    I still have a bag of forum buttons and will bring them to the IM. Perhaps one of our vendors will volunteer to be the pickup point? If so, I will get the supply to them...or you can track me down...or, if someone wants to set up a "Rehydration Station" forum folks could wander in there.

Joe and I could handle that.

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    Originally posted by Charlie D View Post
    I am going up Monday and looking forward to the newsletter editors' meeting(s) on Tuesday. I also want to meet Donald Erickson of Lark Works. He supplied material, supplies and excellent advice for rewiring my '55.

Charlie D.
    Right, Charlie; the Eriksons are nice folks. It's good to have such young, dedicated vendors in The Studebaker Hobby. BP

Leave a comment:

• Charlie D
    replied
    I am going up Monday and looking forward to the newsletter editors' meeting(s) on Tuesday. I also want to meet Donald Erickson of Lark Works. He supplied material, supplies and excellent advice for rewiring my '55.

Charlie D.

Leave a comment:

• john Mitchell
    replied
    My wife and I will be there starting Monday. Keep me posted on where to get a forum badge.
    thanks,
    John

Leave a comment:

• Sam Ensley
    replied
    We have reservations at the secondary hotel, but, because of health complications, we will be unable to attend. If somebody needs a reservation, let me know in a couple of days, and you can have ours. I had been looking forward to the meet for a long time, but sometimes things just don't work out.

Leave a comment:

• BShaw
    replied
    I still have a bag of forum buttons and will bring them to the IM. Perhaps one of our vendors will volunteer to be the pickup point? If so, I will get the supply to them...or you can track me down...or, if someone wants to set up a "Rehydration Station" forum folks could wander in there.

Leave a comment:

• Halibrand1
    replied
    We will be there Wednesday thru Saturday and don't have a Forum badge but my wife and me will be wearing our Michiana Chapter badges . So far looks like we will be bringing our Gold 63 Avanti R2 original paint car . The last National Meet it was at was in the early 70s in So Bend back then I was around 10 years old and a passenger . I don't post much but looking forward to connecting with Forum Members . Ed George

Leave a comment:

• Sdude
    replied
    Got my Forum badge in the glove compartment so I don't forget it. Detailed under the hood, polished the chrome, hubcaps, clay barred the car and applied a coat of wax. Cleaned the tires and whitewalls. Looks purdy now, let's see what it looks like after driving all the way to St Louis. Should be fine in the desert during the day. The AC is working good.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Aug 016.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	1699724

Leave a comment:

Working...
X