Route 66

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Route 66

Taking the Transtar on my first car show/run this weekend. I've attended and spent countless hours at many different shows but I've never actually participated in one! I'm a little nervous because I still have a few things left to do to make my truck "show worthy" but I've been hounded too many times about not sharing my truck that I decided, what the heck.

If anyone else is going to be in Williams AZ this weekend then please stop by and chat with me. Otherwise I'll post some pictures of the drive (about 180 miles each way) and any pictures of some Studebakers at the show.

Please post pics from the event. We stayed at the Railway Hotel during the Great American Tour in June. Is the show being held on 66 as it goes through town?
    sigpic[SIGPIC]

Comment

I'm driving Route 66 from LHC to Williams...

Everyone then parks on Main Street in Williams and we can spend the day meeting and looking through everyone's vehicles.

Comment

Cool. Have a great time. We winter north of you in Topock on Route 66 so you will probably drive past our shack.
        Cheers, Bill
        pm me some time and perhaps we can get together during the winter.

Comment

I am sure, with EFI you will not have to worry about vapor lock, nor probably anything else in your nicely built truck. So, have fun and yes, please take lots of pix to post here for us. Sure wish I was back out in the South West, well sometimes I do anyway.

Comment

Speaking of Hamilton's Injection... Now that it is about 110* everyday I recently was having a pinging issue once my truck reached temperature. Bill spent as manny hours as it took on the phone with me getting my truck dialed in. His customer service and injection system is second to none! I am taking my truck on parts of Interstate 40, during this hot summer month, climbing in elevation 500' to 6800' and feeling confident.

Comment

Hamilton Fuel Injection

Originally posted by 57transtar guy View Post
              Speaking of Hamilton's Injection... Now that it is about 110* everyday I recently was having a pinging issue once my truck reached temperature. Bill spent as manny hours as it took on the phone with me getting my truck dialed in. His customer service and injection system is second to none! I am taking my truck on parts of Interstate 40, during this hot summer month, climbing in elevation 500' to 6800' and feeling confident.
              Nic,
              It was good talking with you.
              Glad we got things squared away.
              Not sure why shops don't call me during the install when I put my number on every page. Maybe they don't even read the instruction?
              Good luck on the trip and take pics.
              1 yr down and hopefully many more years of happy driving.

Joe, I assume no news is good news with yours and the wife's car. Been a couple years now.
              Bill Hamilton

Comment

Have a good time, your truck will draw a lot of attention and you will meet new friends , sit back and enjoy the show!
                Randy Wilkin
                1946 M5 Streetrod
                Hillsboro,Ohio 45133

Comment

Last minute touch ups and heading out in 4 hours

Comment

Barely made it to Williams...

Truck started running really bad about the 80 mile mark but it turned to be the AC messing up the timing once the truck reached a higher operating temp.

We made it though and even had time to make a quick stop for a pic in Hackberry.

image-2180243462.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by 57transtar guy View Post
                      Barely made it to Williams...

Truck started running really bad about the 80 mile mark but it turned to be the AC messing up the timing once the truck reached a higher operating temp.

We made it though and even had time to make a quick stop for a pic in Hackberry.

[ATTACH]46296[/ATTACH]
                      I dunno what the AC would have to do with timing, unless you simply have it advanced too far, and when it warms up good, and starts to lug, i.e. when AC compressor kicks on, or on long upgrades, it pings. What motor temps were you running?

Might try retarding the timing about 5 degrees before you head home.

That sure is a beautiful Transtar

Comment

Oops. I was assuming you meant it advanced in time, and began pinging. BUt re-reading your posts, you did not say, only that it began running really bad. What did you mean by that?

Comment

I'm not sure exactly what I need to do to the timing to get it right but Bill worked with me to retard my timing correctly because the truck was pinging really bad when it reached 185*. As it turned out I had it advanced too far when I installed the TBI... Before all the adjustments my AC worked just fine so I am only assuming, now that I retarded the timing I may have gone too far (this way now).

All the hoses and electrical seems right and right so the only thing I can think of is the only thing I have recently adjusted... The timing.

As far as the show- about 150 vehicles and I have the only Studebaker????

Comment

Supposed to be a happy face not a bunch of question marks

Comment

Other than idle kick-up (which happens when the compressor is on) I am not aware of any relation between timing and AC. I set mine on the factory timing mark, and have not moved it in over 30,000 miles. No ping, ever.

Did your AC stop working? If so, you may have knocked the compressor clutch wire loose while playing with the timing.

Comment

Working...
                              X