VERY amatuer Wagonaire question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VERY amatuer Wagonaire question

First, let me appologize because I know banality of this question will bore most people, but after doing some Internet searching, I can't find the answer I'm looking for...

Recently I was speaking to a gentleman who seems to have a VERY long history with Studebakers about a 1963 Wagonaire he's trying to sell. The car needs completely put together as it's basically in pieces right now, but he's telling me that it was originally an R1 Wagonaire. As I said, this man seems to know his stuff, but I have never heard of such a thing and I was wondering if this could be a case of special order, low production numbers, or a confused seller(I doubt devious in this case).

Any help guys and girls?

Thanks!

Well for the instant answer you would need a build sheet from the Studebaker National Musuem it would show what was in the car when it left the plant. Ask the all knowing gentleman if he has one for the car.

Randy_G
    1959 Lark Sedan
    This website is for sale! automotivehistoryonline.com is your first and best source for information about automotivehistoryonline. Here you will also find topics relating to issues of general interest. We hope you find what you are looking for!

Comment

Well for the instant answer you would need a build sheet from the Studebaker National Musuem it would show what was in the car when it left the plant. Ask the all knowing gentleman if he has one for the car.

Randy_G
      1959 Lark Sedan
      This website is for sale! automotivehistoryonline.com is your first and best source for information about automotivehistoryonline. Here you will also find topics relating to issues of general interest. We hope you find what you are looking for!

Comment

Supposedly the engine was yanked many years ago by the previous owner's son and transplanted into a Hawk. No R1 parts to go with the car.

Oh, I should also mention that I'm not likely serious about getting the car... I would, however, save it from the crusher if it would go that direction.

Comment

Supposedly the engine was yanked many years ago by the previous owner's son and transplanted into a Hawk. No R1 parts to go with the car.

Oh, I should also mention that I'm not likely serious about getting the car... I would, however, save it from the crusher if it would go that direction.

Comment

Yes, such a car could have been bought.

Miscreant adrift in
            the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
            1960 Larkvertible V8
            1958 Provincial wagon
            1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Yes, such a car could have been bought.

Miscreant adrift in
              the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
              1960 Larkvertible V8
              1958 Provincial wagon
              1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Thanks Mr. Biggs. This guy's actually only a couple of hours or so south of you.

Comment

Thanks Mr. Biggs. This guy's actually only a couple of hours or so south of you.

Comment

I used to own an R1 Wagonaire (63) and it was one of the best Studebakers I ever had. There were a few built alright.

Comment

I used to own an R1 Wagonaire (63) and it was one of the best Studebakers I ever had. There were a few built alright.

Comment

I have a good friend that just bought a factory R2 wagon, now those are rare.

JDP/Maryland
                        63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
                        spent to date $54664,75
                        64 R2 GT (Sid)
                        spent to date $62,439.30
                        63 Lark 2 door
                        52 Starliner
                        51 Commander
                        39 Coupe express
                        39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

I have a good friend that just bought a factory R2 wagon, now those are rare.

JDP/Maryland
                          63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
                          spent to date $54664,75
                          64 R2 GT (Sid)
                          spent to date $62,439.30
                          63 Lark 2 door
                          52 Starliner
                          51 Commander
                          39 Coupe express
                          39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

3 of the 42 1963 R1 Wagons built were documented to still exist by Ron Ellerbe who used to put the jest thrust news together. That does not mean there are not a bunch still out there though.

1954 Commander
                            1958 Golden Hawk
                            1963 Daytona Convertible
                            1963 R2 Daytona
                            1963 R2 GT Hawk
                            1963 R1 Wagonaire
                            1963 R4 Avanti
                            1964 Champ
                            1966 Cruiser

Comment

3 of the 42 1963 R1 Wagons built were documented to still exist by Ron Ellerbe who used to put the jest thrust news together. That does not mean there are not a bunch still out there though.

1954 Commander
                              1958 Golden Hawk
                              1963 Daytona Convertible
                              1963 R2 Daytona
                              1963 R2 GT Hawk
                              1963 R1 Wagonaire
                              1963 R4 Avanti
                              1964 Champ
                              1966 Cruiser

Comment

Working...
                              X