Vintiques, Yakima Wa.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vintiques, Yakima Wa.

Besides the ubiquitous fords and chevys, this years show featured a few Studebakers. It was 100 degrees (and lunch time), folks weren't available to talk about their rides, so I apologize for not getting any names.

A cool trailer, towed by the M5:

A modified R series, with modified '64 OHV "6":

A bone-stock 2R6:

I recognize Brian Wood's M series and the unusual trailer he built to go with it.
    sigpic

"In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

Comment

That is definitely one fine group of Studebakers. Somethin g there for everybody. I especially liked Woody's trailer. No, I loved Woody's trailer. Really creative and beautiful.

Comment

Bruce, is this an annual event? I ask 'cause we are not that far away (5 hours) in British Columbia and Yakima would be a great cruise in our Avanti. Thanks for the great pics.
        Bill

Comment

Bill,
          Yes this is an annual event,
          Here are the details
          http://www.vintiques.com/
          Mark Chance

1933 Model 56 5 window Coupe

Comment

Mark, thanks for the link. Are all of these rides from the Yakima area?

Comment

I believe that's Mark Carson's C-cab truck, the two-tone green one with the OHV six in it.
              Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

Originally posted by gordr View Post
                I believe that's Mark Carson's C-cab truck, the two-tone green one with the OHV six in it.
                Not anymore. He sold it last January, and not sure who owns it now.

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzard View Post
                  Bruce, is this an annual event? I ask 'cause we are not that far away (5 hours) in British Columbia and Yakima would be a great cruise in our Avanti. Thanks for the great pics.
                  Bill
                  Bill- This has been an annual event for the last 20 or so years (the show Saturday is attended by hundreds and hundreds of spectators), they recently opened it up to 1972 and earlier vehicles. I only attend the show every few years, as I am not into the "usual" street rods (although I appreciate the work that goes into them), however this year I was surprised at the number of non-mainstream cars and trucks in attendance. The number of Studes and how well received they were makes me think about actually participating! I'm not sure about the particulars of this show and if one has to be a member of the Vintiques, but it would be fun to get more SDC members from the region to
                  attend.

Comment

Hometown of Sherwood Harry Egbert as well.
                    John Hull

Comment

This '51 is really cool !!

Last edited by r1lark; 08-03-2015, 05:45 PM. Reason: trying to get image to appear...... :-)
                      Paul
                      Winston-Salem, NC
                      Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

Working...
                      X