Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vendor plaudit; T-bow is GREAT! No news here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vendor plaudit; T-bow is GREAT! No news here.

I and others often recommend Dave Thibeault (T-bow) for the work he does on our carburetors and distributors. He's not limited to that, as anyone who has worked with him or attended any of our SDC swap meets can attest.
    He has done a couple of distributors for me, a couple of Carter 4BBL and probably a half dozen Stromberg WW's.
    Today I received the pump and carb I sent him for my '33 Rockne. I suspect it's the first they've been off the block in 82 years.
    The carb body is black zinc plated as original and, I suspect will work as perfectly as everything he has done for me.

P7310376.jpg P7310375.jpg
    "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Brad,I feel just as strongly as You do with Dave,done a few carbs and dists. also with grand results .when I ask Him a question/advice, He is straight forward and very polite
    Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Ditto!....I've known Dave for forty years....He was a good guy back in 1975, and he's only gotten better!

Comment

Ya Ed, My Father first met Dave in 1978 "as I recall". shortly after buying "Our late 64 Super Hawk",He may have been in more of a dabbling mode at that time ?
        Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
        Ditto!....I've known Dave for forty years....He was a good guy back in 1975, and he's only gotten better!
        Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

One of Dave's distributors fixed the problems with ignition on my Wagonaire. Great guy and vendor.

Comment

Originally posted by 63t-cab View Post
            Ya Ed, My Father first met Dave in 1978 "as I recall". shortly after buying "Our late 64 Super Hawk",He may have been in more of a dabbling mode at that time ?
            You're right Joe!

What got Dave started was a nice '63 Avanti R2 4-speed he purchased from New England Studebaker legend George Hughes. Dave and his wife Janet drove that car everywhere, until one day this Avanti was badly 'rear-ended' in a traffic accident.

Dave loved that Avanti....still has it!...and in looking for parts to repair it, he realized there were shortages of certain Studebaker/Avanti parts (even back in the seventies).....and from that experience slowly became more and more involved in the Studebaker replacement part/rebuilding business.

I remember one of the first, if not the first part Dave made up was an improved steering column lower bearing for the Avantis.

Comment

Working...
            X