No announcement yet.

Reedsville & Corkins photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quoteoes he still have the dog/horse there... the black Newfoundland. That was the most memorable thing the year I went, that thing was huge... but so was the frozen turd out on the driveway.
    Yes the dog is still there. I let him in to get warm. He is really a sweet dog. I spent a lot of time petting him.

Leonard Shepherd
    http://leonardshepherd.com/

Comment

The dog is still there and the grey cat was locked in a cage.

Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

The dog is still there and the grey cat was locked in a cage.

Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

quote:Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK

Thanks Leonard,
          I tossed some pallet lumber in the fireplace and opened some old parts boxes to replicate the smell and abience.
          (I still can't believe Max paints Stude's right next to the woodburner[:0])
          Jeff[8D]

It has been a few years since I have been to Max's shop, but it sounds like it is the same.
          Your last line reminds me of my youth. A friend of mine and I used to paint cars in his parents' small barn. We used a cast iron wood stove for heat. One evening, when it was about zero, after painting a car of mine, we built up the wood fire and placed some more wood on top of the stove to dry out. When we got back in the morning, the wood on top of the stove had burned up. We were lucky that we didn't burn the place and my 1949 Mercury coupe with it.

Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

quote:Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK

Thanks Leonard,
            I tossed some pallet lumber in the fireplace and opened some old parts boxes to replicate the smell and abience.
            (I still can't believe Max paints Stude's right next to the woodburner[:0])
            Jeff[8D]

It has been a few years since I have been to Max's shop, but it sounds like it is the same.
            Your last line reminds me of my youth. A friend of mine and I used to paint cars in his parents' small barn. We used a cast iron wood stove for heat. One evening, when it was about zero, after painting a car of mine, we built up the wood fire and placed some more wood on top of the stove to dry out. When we got back in the morning, the wood on top of the stove had burned up. We were lucky that we didn't burn the place and my 1949 Mercury coupe with it.

Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

[)]Thanks for the pictures Leonard! What can you tell us about that diesel powered pickup?[)]
              steve blake...roaming the Texas Panhandle in my trusty Champ pickup
              http://tinyurl.com/kr3gt

Comment

[)]Thanks for the pictures Leonard! What can you tell us about that diesel powered pickup?[)]
                steve blake...roaming the Texas Panhandle in my trusty Champ pickup
                http://tinyurl.com/kr3gt

Comment

quote:Thanks for the pictures Leonard! What can you tell us about that diesel powered pickup?
                  Bob Andrews (Bams50) and I talked to the guy but he didn't want to sell the pickup. He just wanted to sell the parts he took off of it, so we didn't get his name. Maybe someone knows who he is.

The engine is a 4 cyl. Cummins diesel that came out of a Grumman delivery van (IIRC). The drive train is all GM with an automatic transmission.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

quote:Thanks for the pictures Leonard! What can you tell us about that diesel powered pickup?
                    Bob Andrews (Bams50) and I talked to the guy but he didn't want to sell the pickup. He just wanted to sell the parts he took off of it, so we didn't get his name. Maybe someone knows who he is.

The engine is a 4 cyl. Cummins diesel that came out of a Grumman delivery van (IIRC). The drive train is all GM with an automatic transmission.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

quote:Originally posted by mbstude

I talked to Max while in South Bend. He owns/operates a big Studebaker restoration shop, and is a huge part in the Reedsville Swap meet. After everything is over, anyone who wants heads over to his (25K sq. foot?) shop. He is a member of the band, and they perform in his shop for all the Stude folks. He was also Prez. of the SDC in the late 70's or early 80's, if I recall correctly.

BTW, great pics!! [^]

[b]Matthew Burnette

Max was SDC President 1979 to 1981 (two one year terms).

Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                      Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

quote:Originally posted by mbstude

I talked to Max while in South Bend. He owns/operates a big Studebaker restoration shop, and is a huge part in the Reedsville Swap meet. After everything is over, anyone who wants heads over to his (25K sq. foot?) shop. He is a member of the band, and they perform in his shop for all the Stude folks. He was also Prez. of the SDC in the late 70's or early 80's, if I recall correctly.

BTW, great pics!! [^]

[b]Matthew Burnette

Max was SDC President 1979 to 1981 (two one year terms).

Gary L.
                        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                        Gary L.
                        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Working...
                        X