No announcement yet.

Reedsville & Corkins photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I talked to Max while in South Bend. He owns/operates a big Studebaker restoration shop, and is a huge part in the Reedsville Swap meet. After everything is over, anyone who wants heads over to his (25K sq. foot?) shop. He is a member of the band, and they perform in his shop for all the Stude folks. He was also Prez. of the SDC in the late 70's or early 80's, if I recall correctly.

BTW, great pics!! [^]

Matthew Burnette
    '59 Scotsman
    '63 Daytona
    Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

I talked to Max while in South Bend. He owns/operates a big Studebaker restoration shop, and is a huge part in the Reedsville Swap meet. After everything is over, anyone who wants heads over to his (25K sq. foot?) shop. He is a member of the band, and they perform in his shop for all the Stude folks. He was also Prez. of the SDC in the late 70's or early 80's, if I recall correctly.

BTW, great pics!! [^]

Matthew Burnette
      '59 Scotsman
      '63 Daytona
      Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

The Corkins family had the local Studebaker dealership and I recall, Max was the national president of SDC back in the '70's. I think that he played in a band that gained some notoriety in the '60's, I believe that there used to be a couple of articles to that effect in the clutter. He still plays music and has a jam session on Friday night (and the beer actually had foam!).

The cars are stored on the second floor of the building. If you know the location of the steps and can show the secret handshake, they let you go up. He also has a couple out front and some on the side up the hill towards the cemetery.

Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

The Corkins family had the local Studebaker dealership and I recall, Max was the national president of SDC back in the '70's. I think that he played in a band that gained some notoriety in the '60's, I believe that there used to be a couple of articles to that effect in the clutter. He still plays music and has a jam session on Friday night (and the beer actually had foam!).

The cars are stored on the second floor of the building. If you know the location of the steps and can show the secret handshake, they let you go up. He also has a couple out front and some on the side up the hill towards the cemetery.

Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

quoteang, Leonard, I didn't know about the building with all the complete cars! Good thing I got ditched on the way there (Guido ran a red light to do so) and while I did eventually find the place, I only saw the building where the band was Never saw you (or Guido) there- in fact the only people I recognized were Bondo and Max...
            I was going to follow you there since you had your GPS, but I didn't see you leave. I stayed upstairs because the music was too loud for me (Yes, I know I am old!) The stairs are behind the wooden door on the front wall.

Leonard Shepherd
            http://leonardshepherd.com/

Comment

quoteang, Leonard, I didn't know about the building with all the complete cars! Good thing I got ditched on the way there (Guido ran a red light to do so) and while I did eventually find the place, I only saw the building where the band was Never saw you (or Guido) there- in fact the only people I recognized were Bondo and Max...
              I was going to follow you there since you had your GPS, but I didn't see you leave. I stayed upstairs because the music was too loud for me (Yes, I know I am old!) The stairs are behind the wooden door on the front wall.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

quote:Thanks for the pics, Leonard. The yellow '53 appears identical to one owned by my gradparents in 1960. Its original appearing dash matches up with mine.

Tim Painter-53 Studebird in Yuma, AZ
                Is the car still in your family?

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

quote:Thanks for the pics, Leonard. The yellow '53 appears identical to one owned by my gradparents in 1960. Its original appearing dash matches up with mine.

Tim Painter-53 Studebird in Yuma, AZ
                  Is the car still in your family?

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

quote:Originally posted by lstude

GPS only helps if you have an address to plug in[xx(] So whe Gary left I followed him; I thought you were right behind us. I had to stand on it to keep up with Gary, and was able to till he ran that rd light (yes you did!!) I ended up wandering blindly and finally stumbled on the place when I saw some Studes parked. I ended up leaving about ten because I made the mistake of pausing next to the stove, and the warmth reminded me that I'd been up since 3AM[|)]

So now I know for next year- there's an upstairs!

It ain't easy being a greenhorn........[:I]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                    Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

quote:Originally posted by lstude

GPS only helps if you have an address to plug in[xx(] So whe Gary left I followed him; I thought you were right behind us. I had to stand on it to keep up with Gary, and was able to till he ran that rd light (yes you did!!) I ended up wandering blindly and finally stumbled on the place when I saw some Studes parked. I ended up leaving about ten because I made the mistake of pausing next to the stove, and the warmth reminded me that I'd been up since 3AM[|)]

So now I know for next year- there's an upstairs!

It ain't easy being a greenhorn........[:I]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                      Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Does he still have the dog/horse there... the black Newfoundland. That was the most memorable thing the year I went, that thing was huge... but so was the frozen turd out on the driveway.

Comment

Does he still have the dog/horse there... the black Newfoundland. That was the most memorable thing the year I went, that thing was huge... but so was the frozen turd out on the driveway.

Comment

Great pics Leonard. Thank you for posting them.

Gary Sanders
                            Nixa, MO
                            President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
                            Gary Sanders
                            Nixa, MO

Comment

Great pics Leonard. Thank you for posting them.

Gary Sanders
                              Nixa, MO
                              President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
                              Gary Sanders
                              Nixa, MO

Comment

quoteoes he still have the dog/horse there... the black Newfoundland. That was the most memorable thing the year I went, that thing was huge... but so was the frozen turd out on the driveway.
                                Yes the dog is still there. I let him in to get warm. He is really a sweet dog. I spent a lot of time petting him.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

Working...
                                X