This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• maui blue paint

Does anyone know if there is a color difference between 1950-1952 Maui Blue and 1953 Maui Blue?

Autocolorlibrary identifies the paint codes as differing:
    Maui Blue 1950-52 as Ditzler 10711(H)
    Maui Blue 1953 as Ditzler 10988(H)

Color code/sample sheets aren't reliable, because of aging and reproduction discrepancies.
    I see what appear to be different tones and shades of Maui Blue in pictures and images, and I wonder about the differences (even as I realize that lighting, cloud/sun, image reproduction, and new paint matching irregularities can account for the differences).

1949 2R5 truck
    1949 2R5 truck
    1962 GT Hawk
    projects: 50 Champion Starlight, 62 Lark Daytona, 61 Lark Cruiser VIII, 63 Wagonaire

Santa Fe, NM

There IS a difference, or the Ditzler number would not be different. If you have a '53, use the '53, what's so hard about that?

quote:Originally posted by ct5philos

Does anyone know if there is a color difference between 1950-1952 Maui Blue and 1953 Maui Blue?

Color code/sample sheets aren't reliable, because of aging and reproduction discrepancies.
    I see what appear to be different tones and shades of Maui Blue in pictures and images, and I wonder about the differences (even as I realize that lighting, cloud/sun, image reproduction, and new paint matching irregularities can account for the differences).
    1949 2R5 truck
    StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

There IS a difference, or the Ditzler number would not be different. If you have a '53, use the '53, what's so hard about that?

quote:Originally posted by ct5philos

1949 2R5 truck
      StudeRich
      Studebakers Northwest
      Ferndale, WA
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

I painted my '55 with a '56 color because my wife liked that tint better.Wasnt hard at all.
        Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

I painted my '55 with a '56 color because my wife liked that tint better.Wasnt hard at all.
          Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

Sorry to seem such a stump, StudeRich. If I had a '53, I hope I'd be smart enough to choose the 1953 Maui Blue. Instead, I have a '49 truck that I want to paint Maui Blue. I suppose I should have asked not if there's a difference between the 1950-52 and 1953 Maui Blues, but what that difference is. So, I'll ask, does anyone know what that difference is?

1949 2R5 truck
            1949 2R5 truck
            1962 GT Hawk
            projects: 50 Champion Starlight, 62 Lark Daytona, 61 Lark Cruiser VIII, 63 Wagonaire

Santa Fe, NM

Comment

Sorry to seem such a stump, StudeRich. If I had a '53, I hope I'd be smart enough to choose the 1953 Maui Blue. Instead, I have a '49 truck that I want to paint Maui Blue. I suppose I should have asked not if there's a difference between the 1950-52 and 1953 Maui Blues, but what that difference is. So, I'll ask, does anyone know what that difference is?

1949 2R5 truck
              1949 2R5 truck
              1962 GT Hawk

Santa Fe, NM

Comment

Hey StudeRich,

If, as your signature says, you represent Studebakers Northwest, you haven't helped your business at all by that seemingly blunt (some would say sarcastic) answer you gave. You do want people from this forum (including ct5philos)to buy Studebaker stuff from you, right?

Why not instead, say something that will help the guy?

ct5philos, I would suggest searching the web for some photos of trucks painted Maui Blue (for the various years). Maybe you could ask at the Stude Truck Talk forum if anyone over there has one in that color and can get you a good picture. The link to that forum can be found by clicking the "home" link at the top of this page, then look for the link to other resources or forums.

[img=left]http://rocketdillo.com/studebaker/misc/images/Current_Avacar.gif[/img=left] - DilloCrafter

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
                The Red-Headed Amazon
                Deep in the heart of Texas

Paul Simpson
                "DilloCrafter"

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
                The Red-Headed Amazon

Comment

Hey StudeRich,

If, as your signature says, you represent Studebakers Northwest, you haven't helped your business at all by that seemingly blunt (some would say sarcastic) answer you gave. You do want people from this forum (including ct5philos)to buy Studebaker stuff from you, right?

Why not instead, say something that will help the guy?

ct5philos, I would suggest searching the web for some photos of trucks painted Maui Blue (for the various years). Maybe you could ask at the Stude Truck Talk forum if anyone over there has one in that color and can get you a good picture. The link to that forum can be found by clicking the "home" link at the top of this page, then look for the link to other resources or forums.

[img=left]http://rocketdillo.com/studebaker/misc/images/Current_Avacar.gif[/img=left] - DilloCrafter

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
                  The Red-Headed Amazon

Paul Simpson
                  "DilloCrafter"

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
                  The Red-Headed Amazon

Comment

Thanks DilloCrafter, on all counts.

1949 2R5 truck
                    1949 2R5 truck
                    1962 GT Hawk

Santa Fe, NM

Comment

Thanks DilloCrafter, on all counts.

1949 2R5 truck
                      1949 2R5 truck
                      1962 GT Hawk

Santa Fe, NM

Comment

Tom
                        Three Rivers, CA
                        1955 Commander 4 dr

Comment

Tom
                          Three Rivers, CA
                          1955 Commander 4 dr

Comment

I'm glad you decided to re-write your earlier post Dillocrafter. That's a little less mean-spirited.

Tom
                            Three Rivers, CA
                            1955 Commander 4 dr
                            Tom
                            Three Rivers, CA
                            1955 Commander 4 dr

Comment

I'm glad you decided to re-write your earlier post Dillocrafter. That's a little less mean-spirited.

Tom
                              Three Rivers, CA
                              1955 Commander 4 dr
                              Tom
                              Three Rivers, CA
                              1955 Commander 4 dr

Comment

Working...
                              X