Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• this is a KEY question

What does this key fit ??

I was recently given a Studebaker key: The Yale and Towne Mfg. Co. S1429 Made in U.S.A. for Studebaker ( a short key ) believed to be for a '41 Commander which was purchased in Kansas.

BRAD

Not too sure what it fits but the S1429 is a key code for Studebaker.

Studebaker did use the Yale key blanks.

My code program just says it's for Studebaker Antique. The key blank that came up with this code leads me to believe that it is the secondary key (glove box and trunk).

1963 Cruiser, 1963 Wagonaire, 1952 Champion. Based in Oregon.

Comment

Not too sure what it fits but the S1429 is a key code for Studebaker.

Studebaker did use the Yale key blanks.

My code program just says it's for Studebaker Antique. The key blank that came up with this code leads me to believe that it is the secondary key (glove box and trunk).

1963 Cruiser, 1963 Wagonaire, 1952 Champion. Based in Oregon.

Comment

I don't have my original keys at hand, but if your key is brass with a lazy S on the side opposite "Yale & Towne", that would describe the ones that came with my 1941 Commander.

Comment

I don't have my original keys at hand, but if your key is brass with a lazy S on the side opposite "Yale & Towne", that would describe the ones that came with my 1941 Commander.

Comment

Yes same key.....BRAD
            quote:Originally posted by skyway

Comment

Yes same key.....BRAD
              quote:Originally posted by skyway

Comment

Working...
              X