X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1960 Hawk at Newark OH auction

'Looks pretty nice:

http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/...tml?refer=news

'Can't say when I last saw a white 1960 Hawk with anything but a red interior; the blue is a pleasant diversion. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

I too prefer the blue. Nice looking Hawk.

Comment

I think car is light blue not white.

Comment

That is One washed out Blue if it is, it may not be a Studebaker Color.
        It could be a reflection of the Sky, too bad they say very little about the Car, only: Blue Interior, V8 Overdrive, TT, (aftermarket) Disc. Brakes.

The Reclining Split Bench Seat is a good option and the Interior looks GREAT.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Originally posted by 70Avanti2 View Post
          I think car is light blue not white.
          David, the easiest way to tell the car is white is by looking at the photos of the door openings, where they are showing you the interior. Those photos were taken with fill flash and you can easily see the white contrast against, for example, the blue wind lace. I'm sure the car is white. BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
          "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Photo Aug 29, 11 32 08 AM.jpg
            The interior of my White Sand '60 is black & red. I don't think the pleated black seat fabric is an original pattern but I like it with the dark red vinyl trim and door panels (and two-tone steering wheel).
            sigpic
            Bob Shaw
            Rush City, Minnesota
            1960 Hawk - www.northstarstudebakers.com
            "The farther I go, the behinder I get."

Comment

I think of myself as a 'GT Guy', but geez that is one pretty '60! That is a couple hours from here. There was a real nice '59 or '60 Hawk out at the South Bend swap meet this year, I think light green pastel or light blue pastel. The owner was the nicest guy to talk with and had worked in Accounting in the Administration Building from 1949-60, with a few years out for the Korean war.
              Bill Pressler
              Kent, OH
              (formerly Greenville, PA)
              Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
              Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
              1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
              1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
              All are in Australia now

Comment

Yep your right. It looked bluer the first time I looked at it.

Question did Studebaker have a different white than the yellow white offered on the 62 gt ?

Comment

Working...
                X