X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1953 Champion on C/L for $1200

Wish I had room for this car in Iowa.

http://waterloo.craigslist.org/cto/5009472432.html

Isn't that a 4 door with the rear door handles shaved? Or am I missing something?
    Still probably worth $1200. Too bad there's no title.

Comment

Originally posted by 54Frank View Post
      Isn't that a 4 door with the rear door handles shaved? Or am I missing something?
      That's pretty much what the factory two door sedans were..

Comment

Twchamp I saw that to bad the trunk lid is so beat up. With 2 dr ht doors and the top and rear front part of the 1/4 panel cut off it could be a convert 2 seater.

Comment

So that's how the factory made 2-door sedans; took a 4-door and welded the rear doors shut? Seems odd to me...

Comment

Originally posted by 54Frank View Post
            So that's how the factory made 2-door sedans; took a 4-door and welded the rear doors shut? Seems odd to me...
            It wasn't really quite that crude, but not far from it. The body shell between a 2 and 4 door sedan is the same. The two door just has a filler panel where the rear door would be. That's why you see the seam between the filler panel and the rear fender. In 55 they added some gaudy chrome to cover the seam.

Comment

There was a 54 at Denton Texas one year that had suicide doors for the back doors hinges and door latches from a Saturn.
              7G-Q1 49 2R12 10G-F5 56B-D4 56B-F2
              http://ozarktrails.tripod.com/
              SDC Member 1985

Comment

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
                It wasn't really quite that crude, but not far from it. The body shell between a 2 and 4 door sedan is the same. The two door just has a filler panel where the rear door would be. That's why you see the seam between the filler panel and the rear fender. In 55 they added some gaudy chrome to cover the seam.
                I think they made them in that manner so the rear quarter panel was the same for 2 door and 4 door. They do look odd, first one I remember seeing I thougt someone had done a great welding job on a 4 door to convert it to a 2 door.
                sigpic
                55 President Deluxe
                64 Commander
                66 Cruiser

37 Oldsmobile F37 4 Door

Comment

Working...
                X