Beautiful 1957 Studebaker Wagon on ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beautiful 1957 Studebaker Wagon on ebay

Just in case anyone didn't see this, it is sure a beautiful station wagon.
    Too bad someone didn't mount the two mirrors on the doors, so they could have served a purpose.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271877406170...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

When I was a kid in Greencastle Indiana, Dad tried out a 57 wagon for the weekend. We went on a trip with it. Dad was fascinated by the deep ledge between the tailfins and packed some stuff there for the trip, tied on somehow. We went north for the weekend IIRC to visit family in South Bend. In the end Dad passed on it for some reason, probably a mechanical issue of some kind and bought a 57 sedan, six cylinder automatic, two tone blue IIRC. I hated that car after dad's lovely 53 hardtop v8.
    Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

Agreed on the mirrors, but a gorgeous wagon nonetheless.

Anyone else notice the closed PCV system retrofitted for California? BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
      "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

love that speedo!

Comment

Jason at Blue Oval Ranch is just down the road from us and he used to rehab and sell RVs and trailers. We bought our first trailer from him. He has a big garage on his property which was full of muscle cars back then. I was surprised when I saw this listing and that he was the seller. It sounds like he is transitioning away from the trailer business and even changing the name of his company. I found him to be an honest person to deal with.
          I would love to buy this car. It is a very nice driver. Someone will no doubt get a great car here.
          Ed Sallia
          Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Boy, is that ever a nice wagon. It would make anybody's driveway look a lot better.
            Joe Roberts
            '61 R1 Champ
            '65 Cruiser
            Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

And at the rate it is going with no reserve, it could go for less than Value.
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

I have the side view mirror on my '57 Packard wagon on the fender. I prefer it there. It doesn't get jostled when the door closes, and it's small enough that you can't rely on it showing what's in your blind spot. You have to turn your head and look regardless of where it's placed.
                Chip
                '63 Cruiser
                '57 Packard wagon
                '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
                '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

That's a beautiful car, a survivor and done right. Interesting to me is the aluminum sill plate which is used on the station wagon, similar to 47-52 models, while the sedans seem to have a thin stainless steel plate. In any case, the listing is one of the best I've seen in both photos and disclosure about the condition of this lovely Provincial wagon.
                  sigpic
                  Jack, in Montana

Comment

Since the pictures of the car will be gone after ebay removes them, here are 4 that I saved.
                    Except for the alternator (yuck) does everything else look correct as far as colors, decals, etc?
                    I'm thinking the latch should be cad or plain steel, right? Thanks, Tom
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	1957 Studebaker Wagon4.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	108.7 KB
ID:	1697132

Name:	1957 Studebaker Wagon3.jpg
Size:	103.5 KB
ID:	1697131

Name:	1957 Studebaker Wagon2.jpg
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	1697130

Name:	1957 Studebaker Wagon1.jpg
Size:	110.7 KB
ID:	1697129
                    Last edited by TWChamp; 05-29-2015, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                      Anyone else notice the closed PCV system retrofitted for California? BP
                      Everyone mark this day in history. Why?
                      Because BP DID NOT mention the lack of a battery hold down...

Originally posted by jnfweber View Post
                      Interesting to me is the aluminum sill plate which is used on the station wagon, similar to 47-52 models, while the sedans seem to have a thin stainless steel plate.
                      You are thinking of 1958s. (or Packards)
                      My '57 two door sedans both have sills like this car.
                      They match what is in my '57 Parkview.

Originally posted by TWChamp View Post
                      Except for the alternator (yuck) does everything else look correct as far as colors, decals, etc?
                      I'm thinking the latch should be cad or plain steel, right? Thanks, Tom
                      Yes on the latch, no on the rest. One HUGE 'wrong' under that hood is that the fenders should be white, and the firewall should be red. This is due to the two tone paint.
                      I'm sure there is more under the hood, as well as with the rest of the car, but who cares?
                      That is one awesome looking car!!!

StudeDave '57
                      '56-'58 Sedan/Wagon Registry Keeper in hiatus
                      Last edited by StudeDave57; 05-29-2015, 11:41 AM.
                      StudeDave '57
                      US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                      SDC Member since 1985

past President
                      Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                      San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                      San Diego Chapter SDC
                      North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

What StudeDave57 said, plus the Radiator is from a '60 Lark or Champ. Truck.
                        The Heater Hose routing could be a lot better if you are looking for perfect but agree, if I were buying it these "Details" sure would not be a deal killer, it's a Great Wagon.
                        StudeRich
                        Second Generation Stude Driver,
                        Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Nice & different ride.

Comment

Originally posted by raoul5788 View Post
                            I have the side view mirror on my '57 Packard wagon on the fender. I prefer it there. It doesn't get jostled when the door closes, and it's small enough that you can't rely on it showing what's in your blind spot. You have to turn your head and look regardless of where it's placed.
                            I have side view mirrors on my '55 Sedan mounted on the fenders (just now replaced new from SI) the mirrors were mounted by previous owner(s). I agree they do not get jostled and they are only about 3 inches or so away from the door so a person with long arms can adjust (not me) however they proved excellent vision even the passenger side is usable.
                            sigpic
                            55 President Deluxe
                            64 Commander
                            66 Cruiser

37 Oldsmobile F37 4 Door

Comment

I find that the door mounted mirrors are my Hawk are just for "bling" I turn my head every time!
                              sigpic

Packardbakerly,
                              J.D.

Comment

Working...
                              X