Vanity plates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vanity plates

There has been a news story on the radio today about states that have the most vanity plates. I don't remember the subject discussed on the forum before so hers goes.

Do you have a vanity plate and what does it say. Picture would be great.
    Mine is BAK 'N53
    In MO we can only have six numbers or letters. The plates can have an ' (apostrophe) or - (dash) also.

Gary Sanders
    Nixa, MO
    President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
    Gary Sanders
    Nixa, MO

I have three in Arizona.

4AVANTI 64 Avanti
    SIX T 4 64 Daytona convertible
    1COOL53 53 Champion Starliner modified

Denny L

Comment

I have three in Arizona.

4AVANTI 64 Avanti
      SIX T 4 64 Daytona convertible
      1COOL53 53 Champion Starliner modified

Denny L

Comment

In NC You can run "same year as car" plates as long as You have a regular tag registered to car with You. It gets "stretched" a little. Does not seem to matter.

1961 Hawk 4BC,4-SPEED,TT

Lewisville,NC
        1961 Hawk ...4-Speed;4bc;Twin Traction

Ken Byrd
        Lewisville,NC

Comment

In NC You can run "same year as car" plates as long as You have a regular tag registered to car with You. It gets "stretched" a little. Does not seem to matter.

1961 Hawk 4BC,4-SPEED,TT

Lewisville,NC
          1961 Hawk ...4-Speed;4bc;Twin Traction

Ken Byrd
          Lewisville,NC

Comment

It is Virginia that has the most. In addition, there are over 180 different "speciality" plates that you can get (i.e. for colleges, universities, clubs, cities, etc.). Here is the website"
            http://www.dmv.virginia.gov/webdoc/c...ate_search.asp
            You can also run year of manufacture plates (which is what makes them so pricey).

Comment

It is Virginia that has the most. In addition, there are over 180 different "speciality" plates that you can get (i.e. for colleges, universities, clubs, cities, etc.). Here is the website"
              http://www.dmv.virginia.gov/webdoc/c...ate_search.asp
              You can also run year of manufacture plates (which is what makes them so pricey).

Comment

"It is Virginia that has the most."

I know we're going slightly off topic now but, here's a site that displays the plates available in Pa. In addition to those Guido mentioned, you can display your favorite NASCAR driver. But, if you order a #8 this year, what will you do next year?

http://www.papl8s.com/

Now, I wouldn't consider most of these "vanity plates". A vanity plate should arrive with your choice of numbers and letters. I think that was the thrust of Gary's question.
                "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                '33 Rockne 10,
                '51 Commander Starlight,
                '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
                '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

"It is Virginia that has the most."

I know we're going slightly off topic now but, here's a site that displays the plates available in Pa. In addition to those Guido mentioned, you can display your favorite NASCAR driver. But, if you order a #8 this year, what will you do next year?

http://www.papl8s.com/

Now, I wouldn't consider most of these "vanity plates". A vanity plate should arrive with your choice of numbers and letters. I think that was the thrust of Gary's question.
                  "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                  Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                  '33 Rockne 10,
                  '51 Commander Starlight,
                  '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
                  '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

New York again has gone crazy with vanity plates

You can have special backgroungs proudly displaying the area of the state you are from, then you can have your favorite NY teams, or if you are a member of any official orginization, police, fire, EMT, then to all those listed above you can add special lettering.

Add in to this our esteemed governator has decided to issue licenses to illeagl aliens, not limited to those from the planet Zantac from the Mylanta galaxy.

Comment

New York again has gone crazy with vanity plates

You can have special backgroungs proudly displaying the area of the state you are from, then you can have your favorite NY teams, or if you are a member of any official orginization, police, fire, EMT, then to all those listed above you can add special lettering.

Add in to this our esteemed governator has decided to issue licenses to illeagl aliens, not limited to those from the planet Zantac from the Mylanta galaxy.

Comment

Mine is 65 Lark. Yeah I know technically it ain't a Lark, but 65 Cruiser wouldn't fit nor would 65 Stude:

Mark Anderson
                        1965 Cruiser
                        http://home.alltel.net/anderm
                        Home of the Cruiser Registry

Comment

Mine is 65 Lark. Yeah I know technically it ain't a Lark, but 65 Cruiser wouldn't fit nor would 65 Stude:

Mark Anderson
                          1965 Cruiser
                          http://home.alltel.net/anderm
                          Home of the Cruiser Registry

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Gary1953

There has been a news story on the radio today about states that have the most vanity plates. I don't remember the subject discussed on the forum before so hers goes.
                            Gary Sanders
                            Florida allows a space or a dash, which is neat (but it counts as a letter) Georgia has no dash or space.
                            But.... Both Florida and Georgia only allow you to select your letters on a standard plate.
                            Special plates, such as Colleges, Activists, Animals, etc. don't allow you to choose letters or numbers...
                            Here's a few years worth on the yellow pos...
                            Jeff[8D]

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Gary1953

Gary Sanders
                              Florida allows a space or a dash, which is neat (but it counts as a letter) Georgia has no dash or space.
                              But.... Both Florida and Georgia only allow you to select your letters on a standard plate.
                              Special plates, such as Colleges, Activists, Animals, etc. don't allow you to choose letters or numbers...
                              Here's a few years worth on the yellow pos...
                              Jeff[8D]

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Working...
                              X