UK/European Studebaker Rally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK/European Studebaker Rally

In just a few hours, Thelma and I will be flying to England for the UK/European Studebaker Rally which begins tomorrow and runs through this Friday. Organized by well-known SDC member Greg Diffen and his wife Kristine, the event headquarters is Wroxall Abbey in Warwick England.

I was honored to be asked to address the members at their gala banquet on Thursday, so it will be a pleasure to do so. Members attending will be able to purchase a personalized copy of my book.

We are going to be able to add some vacation time in North Devon and then Ireland, so will not be back home until June 9th. As a result I will likely be absent from the Forum so please don't expect any news pertaining to the 1964 Studebaker Daytona Owners' Registry or the 2014/15 Turning Wheels Survey project.

Stu Chapman

Good for you, Stu. Enjoy the trip, stay safe and wave the flag.
    Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Enjoy and behave yourselves, Stu. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
      "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

We've just returned from the Europe Studebaker Meet/Rally in Warwick England where we had a wonderful time sharing Studebaker stories with so many SDC members. Over 40 members attended with over 20 Studebakers and Packards participating.

Aside from Thelma and I, we had representation from British Columbia, Alaska, Sweden, The Netherlands, France, Switzerland and, of course, the United Kingdom. Greg and Kristine Diffen did a masterful job of organizing this meet. Hopefully, the Diffens will be able to post some great pictures on the Forum and in Turning Wheels.

Stu Chapman

Comment

Wonderful. On my bucket list for sure. Way to go, Stu.
          Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Working...
          X