61 Lark questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 61 Lark questions

Is there a good pictorial guide to the 59-66 Larks and Lark-types? I know I'm a newbie and really just a lurker, and have no first-hand knowledge of Studebakers. But I am particularly confused by 61 Larks. See this CL ad
    http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/5010135451.html
    I thought 61s had quad headlights. ??? And I didn't know any had the round parking lamps. Any help will be appreciated!

61 larks came in 2 and 4 headlamp versions as did 64's
    61 lark cruiser
    64 daytona 2dr hardtop

Comment

The '61 Lark "Regal" Top of the line Models had 4 Headlights Standard.

The "Value Priced" Lark "Deluxe" Models, had 2 Headlights Standard with 4 Headlights Optional.
      The 2 Door Sedan and 2 Door Wagon ONLY came in "Deluxe" trim.

We have a Forum here called; "Members Studebaker Pictures" you should see some '61 Lark "W" Body 4 Door Sedans there and maybe the special '61 Lark Cruiser "Y" Body long wheelbase Sedans with a totally different roof, rear door and rear glass.

Also the other body types: 2 Door Wagon, 4 Door Wagon, 2 Door Sedan, 2 Door Hardtop, and Convertible. Maybe even a few with the "Skytop" option sliding Sunroof.

Here is a Post with Lark Wagon Photos: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...highlight=lark
      Last edited by StudeRich; 05-20-2015, 04:13 PM.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Thanks for the link. Wow that is a lot of money for a four door, six cylinder with rust.

Comment

Originally posted by 58PackardWagon View Post
          Thanks for the link. Wow that is a lot of money for a four door, six cylinder with rust.
          But, it is Blaze Red! <G>

Comment

I recently finished a restoration on a '61 Lark...It's sort of the Lark bastard child. I shares many parts with the '59-'60 Larks(mostly body panels) but it also shares some parts(mostly interior) with the '62. LOTS of trim parts and other small parts are '61 only. If you are working on one---GOOD LUCK!!! It seems that '61 was the 'bridge' between the '59-'60 1st series Lark and the '62-'63 2nd series Larks. My suggestion is that you get a copy of the parts manuals for your car. They are available at Studebaker International. Whatever the cost...it is well worth it if you are doing a restoration. My Lark is the '61 Regal VIII model so it has quad headlights with turn signals/parking lights below. As stated in an earlier post, the Deluxe model had 2 headlights with small round turn signals/parking lights inboard of the headlights. If you have a '61, you have an oddball. If you are looking for a project, '61 is the hardest of the early type Larks to find parts for. If you are a 1st time Studebaker Lark lover, I recommend a '59-'60 Lark or a '62-'63 Lark just to simplify your life. I absolutely LOVE my '61 but certain parts are much more scarce that the Larks from surrounding years. Just my advise and experience.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1659.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	105.4 KB
ID:	1696936my 61 cruiser.
              61 lark cruiser
              64 daytona 2dr hardtop

Comment

You can buy my 61 sedan- it's much better than the red one you posted- needs nothing but a driver. Pm me if you're interested. Evan

Last edited by fargoguy; 05-21-2015, 01:03 PM.
                Evan Davis
                Prince Albert, Sk

Comment

The '61 Larks are the best of both worlds- all the charisma of the original Larks with many modern improvements of the later models. And they have beautiful tail lights! <G>

Comment

Some more pics of the car- low mileage- fresh repaint, nice original interior, rebuilt driveline- six cyl with OD- a joy to drive- $5000obo

Evan Davis
                    Prince Albert, Sk

Comment

Thanks for all responses!

Comment

The Friend of mine that has the NOS 232 short block also has a very nice 61 4 door wagon V-8 3 speed with overdrive and TT rear end rust free nice interior except the front door panels could use some work, runs very nice but engine changed to a full flow 259 he wants about $8000.00 not a show car yet but very nice wagons are getting harder to come by and for some reason people don't really care if 2 door or 4 door, PM if interested.
                        Candbstudebakers
                        Castro Valley,
                        California

Comment

Working...
                        X