Looking For A Vent Cable Retainer Clip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking For A Vent Cable Retainer Clip

I got new firewall grommets for my vent cable and heater cable. I had to unhook the cable ends to thread the new grommets on. In the process of removing the flat retainer spring clip holding the end of the vent cable in place on the right side, the clip jumped away and I have been unable to find it either on the engine or on the ground. I do not have a part number for this and could not find one listed by any of the Studebaker parts vendors. I cannot open or close the vent until I find this part because the cable jacket just moves with the cable when I push or pull on it.
    I would really like to find this part. If anyone has one they would let go of please let me know.
    It got away before I could take its picture.
    This is for a '61 Champ truck (forgot that important piece of information).
    Last edited by Commander Eddie; 05-19-2015, 09:06 AM. Reason: Added Information
    Ed Sallia
    Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

I have these clips so I will bring one to the next Chapter meeting, unless you would like me to mail one to you.
    Jerry

Comment

Originally posted by Studebakercenteroforegon View Post
      I have these clips so I will bring one to the next Chapter meeting, unless you would like me to mail one to you.
      Jerry
      Jerry,
      Fantastic. You can bring it to the next meeting. I already sent you an e-mail about the hood support rod clip I needed. I forgot I had sent you an e-mail about this other clip. Maybe I was thinking it was a long shot that you would have one.
      Thank you, thank you, thank you.
      Ed Sallia
      Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Working...
      X