Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cjsteak
    replied
    Yup been there done that... drove 40 miles to see a $500 '68 Mustang fastback for sale... turned out to be a rusted out shell of a mid 70's Camaro. There was no excuse for that one lol.... atleast it got me outta the house for a day and a nice country drive! A good bacon cheeseburger too if I recall....

Chris Salisbury
    Hutto/Austin, TX

1958 Commander Starlight Hardtop

Leave a comment:

• cjsteak
    replied
    Yup been there done that... drove 40 miles to see a $500 '68 Mustang fastback for sale... turned out to be a rusted out shell of a mid 70's Camaro. There was no excuse for that one lol.... atleast it got me outta the house for a day and a nice country drive! A good bacon cheeseburger too if I recall....

Chris Salisbury
    Hutto/Austin, TX

1958 Commander Starlight Hardtop

Leave a comment:

• Roscomacaw
    replied
    That "Renault" sounds more like a Sunbeam Rapier than anything else.

Here's a piece of literature for one: Got the side grilles, the fins, the 2-tone paint!
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1958-...8QQrefidZstore

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe

Leave a comment:

• Roscomacaw
    replied
    That "Renault" sounds more like a Sunbeam Rapier than anything else.

Here's a piece of literature for one: Got the side grilles, the fins, the 2-tone paint!
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1958-...8QQrefidZstore

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe

Leave a comment:

• 8E45E
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by 52hawk

A friend of mine led me to a Hawk,15 miles away-turned out to be a Renault Dauphine? iirc. Wasn't it the Dauphine that had small fins on the rear and a sort of Hawk shaped grille?
    The Oh-no Dope-fiend didn't have a front grille!! They were REAR engined cars, and had slots for cooling at the same end as the engine was in. They had a smooth, rounded front end. The Caravelle 2 seat convertible had little fins on them, but still no front grille, and absolutely no styling similarities to a Hawk!.[:0]

Craig

Leave a comment:

• 8E45E
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by 52hawk

A friend of mine led me to a Hawk,15 miles away-turned out to be a Renault Dauphine? iirc. Wasn't it the Dauphine that had small fins on the rear and a sort of Hawk shaped grille?
    The Oh-no Dope-fiend didn't have a front grille!! They were REAR engined cars, and had slots for cooling at the same end as the engine was in. They had a smooth, rounded front end. The Caravelle 2 seat convertible had little fins on them, but still no front grille, and absolutely no styling similarities to a Hawk!.[:0]

Craig

Leave a comment:

• Guido
    replied
    I suspect that you could fit [u]2</u> Renault's in the footprint of a Hawk.

Leave a comment:

• Guido
    replied
    I suspect that you could fit [u]2</u> Renault's in the footprint of a Hawk.

Leave a comment:

• 52hawk
    replied

LaSalle,Il
    61Hawk

Leave a comment:

• 52hawk
    replied

LaSalle,Il
    61Hawk

Leave a comment:

• lark55
    replied
    Actually, he spotted it while driving to a friend's house in the area. It was easier to look it up on the computer than give me verbal directions. If I see him today, I am going to mention it to him.

Leave a comment:

• lark55
    replied
    Actually, he spotted it while driving to a friend's house in the area. It was easier to look it up on the computer than give me verbal directions. If I see him today, I am going to mention it to him.

Leave a comment:

• rockne10
    replied
    Someone who "happens" on a Hawk on Google Earth has way too much time on his hands.

Leave a comment:

• rockne10
    replied
    Someone who "happens" on a Hawk on Google Earth has way too much time on his hands.

Leave a comment:

• lark55
    started a topic Is it a Hawk?

Is it a Hawk?

Last week I had a friend stop by my desk at work and he commented on a black and white photo of a 1961 Hawk I had on my wall.He said that he always liked them.One thing lead to another and I asked if he had seen any Studes around. He said that he had, and to stop by his desk and he could show me where a blue and white Hawk was by pulling it up on GoogleEarth. I got the approximate location and was looking forward to finding this Hawk. I rounded up my brother this morning and we took off. After driving 15 miles and turning down an irrigation canal I spotted the "Hawk".It turned out to be a blue and white 1956 Chrysler 2 door. I guess if you use your imagination you could see where a mistake could be made.Oh well,at least it got me out of the house.
Working...
X