Studebakers at Auction in Nebraska

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebakers at Auction in Nebraska

Received this info via email, sharing with the forum.
    Dear Sir,
    I'm not sure if anyone in your organization would be interested since it's quite a distance from our area(I live in Redding). Our family is having an estate farm auction on June 6th in rural Bloomfield, Nebraska. My dad had restored a 1955 Commander 2dr Hardtop, model 16G8(from title information) that will be sold during the estate auction. There also is a 1951(?) 4dr Commander in need of restoration.
    We would like to see these cars go to someone that has an interest in old Studebaker cars such that our dad had.
    Please forward to anyone you feel would have an interest and feel free to contact me for further information.
    Copy of sale bill: http://www.homesteadlandcompany.com/veselythompson.html
    Thank you,
    Randy Thompson
    rethomp@sonic.net
    530-949-5082
    Pat Dilling
    Olivehurst, CA
    Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

The 1955 looks sweet. Hopefully someone with a love of Studebakers will step up and buy the car as a keeper, not a flipper. Looks like there are a lot of other interesting items at this auction as well! I may have to travel a bit north!

Studedude1961
    Omaha, NE

Comment

Interesting, Pat; thanks.

The details sound like Abbott & Costello: His e-mail to you says the 1955 hardtop is a Commander, but the Sale Bill says it has a "flathead six motor," and the pictures show the car having a pre-1955 V8! Well, at least it appears to have overdrive, no matter what it is.
      ...and the sale bill also says there is a 1955 Commander 4-door with "suicide doors!" BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
      "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Looks like he was a propane lover. Interesting that 2 Cockshutt tractors found their way that far west. Those Corvairs are just begging for a "Lark shine".
        Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

Small world.

My late uncle worked at the Chevy dealership in Bloomfield, NE for decades, he may have even worked on those Corvairs. I know the dealer had Corvair parts because I was at the auction when the dealer sold off the NOS backstock after he sold/gave up/lost the Chevy franchise in the 1980s and became an independent car dealer with a garage
          \"I\'m getting nowhere as fast as I can\"
          The Replacements.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
            Interesting, Pat; thanks.

The details sound like Abbott & Costello: His e-mail to you says the 1955 hardtop is a Commander, but the Sale Bill says it has a "flathead six motor," and the pictures show the car having a pre-1955 V8! Well, at least it appears to have overdrive, no matter what it is.
            ...and the sale bill also says there is a 1955 Commander 4-door with "suicide doors!" BP
            I don't understand why the big ticket items like automobiles and tractors that are listed on auction bills so often are listed with mistakes. A little research on the internet would enable the auctioneer to give correct or more accurate information as to what is to be auctioned. This auction bill lists a Massey Ferguson 44 tractor (of which no such thing was ever made), in reality it is a Massey-Harris 44 tractor (built a couple of years prior to the merger of Massey-Harris and Ferguson).
            And as for those Corvairs, I don't think it would have been too difficult to pull the cars out of the shed, dust them off and get better photos of them. When done, push them back in the shed.
            I'm ranting, sorry....I guess I should go to bed now.
            sigpic
            In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

The tiny non-enlargeable, poor quality, cellphone Pics too small to tell anything about the Auction items are just not acceptable in this Day and Age, if the plan is to actually SELL them.
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Working...
              X