Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World's Best/Most Original 1953 Commander Starliner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stu Chapman View Post
    No idea how you came up with this information Joe.
    Stu Chapman
    I don't get it either Stu. The ONLY spot I see that might be misinterpreted as Black, would be under the peeling Paint as always happens on that soft metal Body Tag, which is actually bare metal Gray.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
      I don't get it either Stu. The ONLY spot I see that might be misinterpreted as Black, would be under the peeling Paint as always happens on that soft metal Body Tag, which is actually bare metal Gray.
      See Post #27, Rich; Post #23 was a joke. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
      "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

No Laughing Face Icon, only a Shocked one!
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
          No Laughing Face Icon, only a Shocked one!
          Good point, Rich. I suppose it hopes to know Joe Hall personally, as I do. BP
          Last edited by BobPalma; 05-11-2015, 06:20 PM. Reason: spelling
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
          "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by prescottstude View Post
            yes a beautiful car However, it would seem that the original owner who donated the car did so , so that the museum would display this beauty to the public for their pleasure and education...to sell it in a year doesn't wash very well..The original owner could have sold it too, but my guess is his/her intention was was not for monetary gain...makes one wonder about donating to museums ...
            Too bad they didn't donate it to the SNM!

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
              Right, Brad. I thought I had seen it here, but I figured if Craig Parslow couldn't find it, I sure wasn't going to try! BP
              So it was: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...highlight=aaca

Of course no one downloaded the Ebay photos to verify this is THE car!

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by qsanford View Post
                Too bad they didn't donate it to the SNM!
                Posts #12 and #20, here, indicate how close that came to being, Quentin; because The Studebaker National Museum was set to accept the car had our MD (Mystery Donor) purchased it.

Still, I will try to find out who bought it and we can go from there. BP

Ayn Rand:

Comment

I believe this is the interior.

Last edited by Flashback; 05-11-2015, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Dang, that's gorgeous. Factory-fresh, almost!

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Yes, Tex; that's it. Thanks for the photos. Note no radio and no clock!

I distinctly remember the wear pattern on the driver-side carpeting and the gas pedal heel pad. BP
                      Last edited by BobPalma; 05-12-2015, 04:48 AM.

Ayn Rand:

Comment

Nice to see someone hasn't tried to stuff a radio in it - sound of the car alone is music enough...

Comment

Originally posted by prescottstude View Post
                          yes a beautiful car However, it would seem that the original owner who donated the car did so , so that the museum would display this beauty to the public for their pleasure and education...to sell it in a year doesn't wash very well..The original owner could have sold it too, but my guess is his/her intention was was not for monetary gain...makes one wonder about donating to museums ...
                          This car was in the AACA Museum for some time. I don't know about 15 years, but I took this photo on Drive Your Studebaker Day, 2010.
                          Attached Files
                          Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
                          '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Originally posted by Flashback View Post
                            I believe this is the interior.

This car is so stylish. The dash and door panels are spot on perfect from a design standpoint. My dad may have been a high school grad only and a factory worker but he had an eye for design and quality. Being around this car and hearing my dad talk about what is important in building things and life in general....well, I am certain it had much to do with my decision to become an Architect.

Thanks Dad!
                            Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

l remember that when Denton Wright bought it, the car was not running. In one of many steps to make it driveable again, he changed fluids. The engine oil was of such a consistency that he had to use wires, rods and brushes to get the jelly/tarry stuff out. IIRC, the car now has a couple of hundred more miles on it than when l first saw it.
                              Roger Hill

60 Lark Vlll, hardtop, black/red, Power Kit, 3 spd. - "Juliette"
                              61 Champ Deluxe, 6, black/red, o/d, long box. - "Jeri"
                              Junior Wagon - "Junior"

"In the end, dear undertaker,
                              Ride me in a Studebaker"

Comment

Thanks for posting the interior pictures.. What a sweetheart!

Comment

Working...
                                X