NEED HELP Headliner retainers 53 to ? Coupe PICTURE ADDED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEED HELP Headliner retainers 53 to ? Coupe PICTURE ADDED

Just starting to plan my interior and just noticed my headliner retainers are missing. HELP!!!

Last edited by Flashback; 05-11-2015, 06:47 PM.

I have extras from a GT parts car if you are referring to the chrome strips holding up the liner.
    NEIL G.

Comment

THANKS for the response Neil, But the ones I need go on each side above the doors under the headliner, with the teeth to hold the headliner . Anyone out the know the correct name and what years fit?

Comment

I tried to get replacements for those at fastener shops and nothing similar. Had to improvise using the few I had. Teeth tore a bit of the headliner (which was old stock). Good luck.
        Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Did all GT Hawk come with chrome headliner retainers? If so mine are missing and I would be interested in your extra ones Neil
          I'd rather be driving my Studebaker!

sigpic

Comment

Here's a picture to identify what part I need. I am gonna try and check the parts catalogue to see what years fit.

Comment

I'll check my 54 parts car and let you know.
              Neil Thornton

Comment

All "C" models through '61 should be the same.
                "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

THANKS, Neil, I'll be listening.

Comment

Tex, Did you ever locate the pieces?I have a pair but they are not in GREAT shape. I think they are usable though. Let me know if you want them.
                    Neil Thornton

Comment

Working...
                    X