Update on Studebaker #3 loco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update on Studebaker #3 loco

Studebaker #3 (an Alco locomotive) still exists and is still for sale by Relco. The engine was for sale for $40,000. but my contact at Relco has said they would entertain offers of $25,000. The engine is in running condition and has had the bearings updated to roller bearings. It would be a shame to lose this historic engine. The deadline for some action is Dec. 1. If someone has an interest or knows a club or museum that would be interested please contact them immediately and let me know, if possible. If anyone wants more information please email me. After December 1 it is likely the engine will be moved to a scrapper.

I have previously talked with the Indiana Railway Museum and left them a message on Friday about the new offer from Relco. It is not something the IRM needs for its collection, however and the budget may not be there for this engine.

Any help would be great. Thanks.
    "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Here is a vintage picture of it that popped up on e-bay a week ago.

Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

Here is a vintage picture of it that popped up on e-bay a week ago.

Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

I'll see if my dad still has a contact at the Nethercutt museum. They've been really helpful with his '29 Graham Paige project. I know they were trying to expand their train displays a few years and may have even had a Stude in their collection a while ago. They might like to put two and two together in this case. I don't think money will be the issue here... more like the rarity of the loco and if they have the space to add it to their collection.

I'll see what I can do.

Chris Salisbury
        Hutto/Austin, TX

1958 Commander Starlight Hardtop

Comment

I'll see if my dad still has a contact at the Nethercutt museum. They've been really helpful with his '29 Graham Paige project. I know they were trying to expand their train displays a few years and may have even had a Stude in their collection a while ago. They might like to put two and two together in this case. I don't think money will be the issue here... more like the rarity of the loco and if they have the space to add it to their collection.

I'll see what I can do.

Chris Salisbury
          Hutto/Austin, TX

1958 Commander Starlight Hardtop

Comment

Just to add to our forum picture history of railroad stuff, here's an older generation Studebaker locomotive picture on ebay:

Here's the ebay auction:
            http://tinyurl.com/35ghmq

Best Regards,
            Eric West
            "The Speedster Kid"
            Sunny Northern California
            Where the roads don't freeze over and the heat doesn't kill you.
            And an open road is yours to have -only during non-commute rush hours 9am-4pm and 7pm to 7am (Ha, ha, ha)
            55 Speedster "Lemon/Lime" (Beautiful)
            55 President State Sedan (Rusty original, but runs great and reliable)
            Best Regards,
            Eric West
            "The Speedster Kid"
            And an open road is yours to have -only during non-commute rush hours 9am-4pm and 7pm to 7am (Ha, ha, ha)

Comment

Just to add to our forum picture history of railroad stuff, here's an older generation Studebaker locomotive picture on ebay:

Here's the ebay auction:
              http://tinyurl.com/35ghmq

Best Regards,
              Eric West
              "The Speedster Kid"
              Best Regards,
              Eric West
              "The Speedster Kid"

Comment

Working...
              X