Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pink and Gray Speedster back on e-bay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/361284773371...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

This one did not meet reserve last time at $31,000, now at $39,500 with lots of time left. Reserve met. Must have a new bidder or the old ones are more motivated. I am not among them but it is fun to follow along.
    Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
    50 Champion 2 door*
    53 Commander K Auto*
    53 Commander K overdrive*
    55 President Speedster
    62 GT 4Speed*
    63 Avanti R1*
    64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

And its almost my favorite color combo. I like the gray and pink, but I like the tri tone with the white top on this model. Gorgeous car. And, yeah, I too would not hesitate for one second to drive the wheels off this beautiful car.
    Last edited by sals54; 05-07-2015, 07:11 PM.
    sals54

Comment

Says item location is Visalia, Ca. That's Bob Kabchef country. I thought this was the car our local chapter member Craig Erickson restored for someone, but he built custom speaker boxes in to the kick panels, which I don't see on this car.
      KURTRUK
      (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Is that horn button correct for only 55's? This car is beyond beautiful.
        Tim-'53 Starlight Commander Custom and '63 Avanti in Yuma, AZ
        https://www.jimsrodshop.com/project/53-resurrection https://www.jimsrodshop.com/project/always-ahead

Comment

Originally posted by sals54 View Post
          And its almost my favorite color combo. I like the gray and pink, but I like the tri tone with the white top on this model. Gorgeous car.
          I agree, but that may be because my 1955 Spedster was the tri-tone with a Shasta White top.

It is an excellent appearing car. I note that it has power windows. I wonder what percentage had power windows. Mine didn't, but a local friend had three 1955 Speedsters at the same time and two had power windows.

I didn't notice a S/N. I wonder if it is a Vernon (LA) built car. I also didn't check the quarter panels nameplates for a clue. EDIT: The trim indicates that it is NOT a Vernon (LA) car, but that could have changed during restoration. The Serial Number would tell the real story.
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

South Bend, serial number 716, no President on quarter panel. My car is the same color combo but the trunk and underside of the trunk lid is Coral tone. My car does not even look good from a Google Earth photo. A lonnnnnnnnng way to go

Bob Miles
            Tucson AZ

Comment

White roof, or not.... I'd drive it proudly.
              The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Working...
              X