NOS 64-65 Black Dash Pad on Ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NOS 64-65 Black Dash Pad on Ebay

Wow, when was the last time you saw one of these? Not mine, and I hope it wasn't mentioned here before.

Here is the link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1964-Studeba...391c8c&vxp=mtr
    JS
    I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Wow, interesting too see what this rare bird goes for !
    Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Ok, did Sasco or Studebaker ever sell a dash frame and pad like the one listed? I thought you could only buy the pad by itself.
      Jamie McLeod
      Hope Mills, NC

1963 Lark "Ugly Betty"
      1958 Commander "Christine"
      1964 Wagonaire "Louise"
      1955 Commander Sedan
      1964 Champ
      1960 Lark

Comment

Always look at shipping cost!! $100+ to ship? I shipped a dash to CA from IA and it didn't cost that much.
        sigpic

Comment

The seller states that he will knock some off of the calculated shipping price.
          Jamie McLeod
          Hope Mills, NC

1963 Lark "Ugly Betty"
          1964 Wagonaire "Louise"
          1955 Commander Sedan
          1964 Champ
          1960 Lark

Comment

Hey Jamie, by chance are you the seller? I notice it is located in Hope Mills N.C., or just coincidence?

Comment

The dash belongs to a freind of mine that is getting rid of a stash of parts that haven't seen the light of day for probably 20 years.
              Jamie McLeod
              Hope Mills, NC

1963 Lark "Ugly Betty"
              1964 Wagonaire "Louise"
              1955 Commander Sedan
              1964 Champ
              1960 Lark

Comment

For $250 you can get a brand new soft flexible one from justdashes.com They did one for me and it is absolutely beautiful.

Comment

Originally posted by 58PackardWagon View Post
                  For $250 you can get a brand new soft flexible one from justdashes.com They did one for me and it is absolutely beautiful.
                  Are you sure about the price? A local friend just had his '63 Lark dash refinished by them. The bill was over $2000.00

Comment

Originally posted by starliner62 View Post
                    The dash belongs to a friend of mine that is getting rid of a stash of parts that haven't seen the light of day for probably 20 years.
                    Looks like he is taking SDC President Carl Thomason's advice written in the President's message in the May T/W to heart.
                    KURTRUK
                    (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by starliner62 View Post
                      Ok, did Sasco or Studebaker ever sell a dash frame and pad like the one listed? I thought you could only buy the pad by itself.
                      When I visited SASCO in '06, they had only the pads by themselves to sell. A stack of '63 Vanity assemblies, too... I should have picked one up.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
                        Are you sure about the price? A local friend just had his '63 Lark dash refinished by them. The bill was over $2000.00
                        I'm with Matthew on this - when I researched this a few years ago, the price was around $1,800, plus shipping, to re-do my Lark dash. Luckly, I found a decent used dash to use. If they now offer something for only $250, that's a heck of a deal, and I would love to hear more!
                        Eric DeRosa

\'49 2R-5 (original Survivor)
                        \'63 R2 Lark (the money-pit-mobile)
                        \'60 Lark Convertible (project in waiting)

Comment

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
                          There's a huge difference between a '63-66 dash over a '57 Packard dash where its padded. The ENTIRE dash aside from the instrument cluster is padded and would have to be sculpted, vs. only a relatively flat, 1" or less thick top portion on the Packard.

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
                            There's a huge difference between a '63-66 dash over a '57 Packard dash where its padded. The ENTIRE dash aside from the instrument cluster is padded and would have to be sculpted, vs. only a relatively flat, 1" or less thick top portion on the Packard.

Craig
                            I'm lost, Craig. Who said anything about a '57 Packard?

Comment

I just pulled my invoice. It is five years old and the all in price is $900. Sorry my mind is not what it used to be.

Comment

Working...
                              X