1948 Colors Question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1948 Colors Question.

I had a 1948 Champion Convertible back in 1965-66. It was a light sand looking color.I am color blind so I don't know if it was a light gray or a cream color. Was Sahara Sand,or Tulip Cream offered for 1948? All the pictures I have of that car are B&W so they probably wouldn't help. I have just got a new computer and can't figure out how to post pictures yet anyhow.

Ay help will be appreciated.
    Neil Thornton

Neil, pictures should work the same way as the Old Computer did if you are still running Windows.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Neil,

This may help: http://paintref.com/paintref/index.shtml
      According to the paint chart 16 colors are listed with the paint codes and Tulip Cream is one of the colors for 1948 Studebaker and it also lists Tulip Cream for Convertible only.

The data base has 446,708 paint codees

Hope this helps

Bob Miles
      Tucson AZ

Comment

Originally posted by 6hk71400 View Post
        Neil,

This may help: http://paintref.com/paintref/index.shtml
        According to the paint chart 16 colors are listed with the paint codes and Tulip Cream is one of the colors for 1948 Studebaker and it also lists Tulip Cream for Convertible only.

The data base has 446,708 paint codees

Hope this helps

Bob Miles
        Tucson AZ
        Thanks Bob. My car was undoubtably Tulip Cream. Nothing else in the lineup is even close. I'm thinking of trying to duplicate that car.
        Neil Thornton

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	400377_300499686666452_104543180_n.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	8.0 KB
ID:	1696532OK! I got it. I had to "go advanced" to get it to work. Rich,I was using windows XP. The new one is Windows 8.3. There is a big difference in the way it works. And ,as you know, I'm kinda dumb when it comes to all this modern stuff
          Neil Thornton

Comment

One of our members (Lew Dandurand) had a 48 Champion Tulip Cream Convertible. Lew has culled the herd and that was one that got away. I sold him a 52 Commander Convertible that I brought home from north of San Francisco as well. It was painted same colors as the Indy 500 pace car. I understand that car is now in Sweden.

Best of Luck on your effort Neil

Bob Miles
            Tucson AZ

Comment

I am sorry to hear that you stuck with a Computer that has Windows 8, I thought most Computer Mfg's. had gotten rid of those terrible Operating Systems and gone back to Windows 7 that actually works.
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                I am sorry to hear that you stuck with a Computer that has Windows 8, I thought most Computer Mfg's. had gotten rid of those terrible Operating Systems and gone back to Windows 7 that actually works.
                I've been using Windows 8 for the last 3 years, and love it. It works fine if you take the time to learn how to use it.

But this thread isn't about that..

Good luck with the convertible!!! Makes me really happy to see you have a shot at another one 50 years later.

Comment

i have Windows 7 on my 'puter and have no problems - but - i don't use the "Windows Explorer" browser. i use Firefox. it has some great applications, etc. the best is "Ad Block" which does what it says. i occasionally use "Google Chrome", but rarely. unless you are on a "Dial-Up" connection, the FF browser is fast and easy to download.

have you picked up that '48 Vert yet???
                  Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
                    I've been using Windows 8 for the last 3 years, and love it. It works fine if you take the time to learn how to use it.
                    I would suspect the operator before the operating system...
                    Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

Working...
                    X