No announcement yet.

Here's a Probably Dumb Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will follow on with my own dumb question. Regarding the GT Hawks, I have seen at least three dash variations:

1- center gauges only
    2- center gauges plus left gauge
    3- center gauges plus right & left gauges.

I am pretty sure the left and right gauges were Clock and Tach, but my question really is: were these package options or up to the whim of the buyer? And what is the rate of occurrence? One last (possibly really dumb) question - I know the GT Hawk dashes can fit in any C/K body - but can they fit in anything else - like Larks?

Personally, I like the dash full of gauges. I've mentioned to my dad a couple of times that I think the GT Hawk dash and the Avanti dash are very well laid out - maybe the best example of how to make a dash - complete and simple.

thanks in advance,

--george

1963 Lark Daytona HT - 63V J8 175
    53-54 C/Ks, 55 Speedsters, 63 Daytonas, Wagonaires Registries
    http://www.teamwetworks.com/stregs/

Comment

I will follow on with my own dumb question. Regarding the GT Hawks, I have seen at least three dash variations:

1- center gauges only
      2- center gauges plus left gauge
      3- center gauges plus right & left gauges.

I am pretty sure the left and right gauges were Clock and Tach, but my question really is: were these package options or up to the whim of the buyer? And what is the rate of occurrence? One last (possibly really dumb) question - I know the GT Hawk dashes can fit in any C/K body - but can they fit in anything else - like Larks?

Personally, I like the dash full of gauges. I've mentioned to my dad a couple of times that I think the GT Hawk dash and the Avanti dash are very well laid out - maybe the best example of how to make a dash - complete and simple.

thanks in advance,

--george

1963 Lark Daytona HT - 63V J8 175
      53-54 C/Ks, 55 Speedsters, 63 Daytonas, Wagonaires Registries
      http://www.teamwetworks.com/stregs/

Comment

"...were these package options or up to the whim of the buyer? And what is the rate of occurrence?"

The dash has holes for all the gauges. The overlay had holes for only the gauges used on a particular car.

If I'm not mistaken, the 6's had only the speedo and other "necessary" small gauges, (amp, gas, oil pressure, temp) but no vacuum gauge. There was a "hole delete" in the "usual" tach location in front of the driver. And no hole cut for the clock or the vacuum gauge.

My Sky Hawk (289 V-8) had a tach, balancing out the speedo in front of the driver. Did not have a clock or vacuum gauge. I think the clock was optional on all models of C/K, except the Golden Hawk. The GH had all gauges including a vacuum gauge in the center in front of the driver and the clock near the glove box. The more you paid, the more you got!

John

Comment

"...were these package options or up to the whim of the buyer? And what is the rate of occurrence?"

The dash has holes for all the gauges. The overlay had holes for only the gauges used on a particular car.

If I'm not mistaken, the 6's had only the speedo and other "necessary" small gauges, (amp, gas, oil pressure, temp) but no vacuum gauge. There was a "hole delete" in the "usual" tach location in front of the driver. And no hole cut for the clock or the vacuum gauge.

My Sky Hawk (289 V-8) had a tach, balancing out the speedo in front of the driver. Did not have a clock or vacuum gauge. I think the clock was optional on all models of C/K, except the Golden Hawk. The GH had all gauges including a vacuum gauge in the center in front of the driver and the clock near the glove box. The more you paid, the more you got!

John

Comment

No hole for a vacuum gage on GT's. The tach was a option on all but the Avanti powered cars and clock was a option for all. The GT dash will fit 53-64 C-K's but not Larks.

JDP/Maryland
            63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
            spent to date $54,758.75
            64 R2 GT (Sid)
            spent to date $62,439.30
            63 Lark 2 door
            52 Starliner
            51 Commander
            39 Coupe express
            39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

No hole for a vacuum gage on GT's. The tach was a option on all but the Avanti powered cars and clock was a option for all. The GT dash will fit 53-64 C-K's but not Larks.

JDP/Maryland
              63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
              spent to date $54,758.75
              64 R2 GT (Sid)
              spent to date $62,439.30
              63 Lark 2 door
              52 Starliner
              51 Commander
              39 Coupe express
              39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

Well DUHHHH!! For some reason I was talking about the '56-'61 cars. I'm gettin' new glasses!!

John

Comment

Well DUHHHH!! For some reason I was talking about the '56-'61 cars. I'm gettin' new glasses!!

John

Comment

Working...
                  X