No announcement yet.

Confused (as usual)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I sent him an e-mail when it first popped up asking about it and also requesting the information off the data plate as there were numerous items that indicated it was not a 1960 model. He actually responded this morning with the following:

"I have revised my ad. I only know what the DMV paper says but that could be wrong. It is a nice truck and I need to sell it."

I did not receive the information off the data plate to confirm what I think he has.

Comment

I sent him an e-mail when it first popped up asking about it and also requesting the information off the data plate as there were numerous items that indicated it was not a 1960 model. He actually responded this morning with the following:

"I have revised my ad. I only know what the DMV paper says but that could be wrong. It is a nice truck and I need to sell it."

I did not receive the information off the data plate to confirm what I think he has.

Comment

It's 1 of 4 with a chromed valve cover. [)]

Matthew Burnette
        '59 Scotsman
        '63 Daytona
        Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

It's 1 of 4 with a chromed valve cover. [)]

Matthew Burnette
          '59 Scotsman
          '63 Daytona
          Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Does anyone know how many champs trucks came out with the factory 8 ball shifter knob? maybe it was 4!!!!!!

Erin Hays
            "From Stuck and Rusty to Slick steel and sex appeal"
            RZRECTD
            1961 Hawk
            1962 Lark
            1963 Wagonaire

Comment

Does anyone know how many champs trucks came out with the factory 8 ball shifter knob? maybe it was 4!!!!!!

Erin Hays
              "From Stuck and Rusty to Slick steel and sex appeal"
              RZRECTD
              1961 Hawk
              1962 Lark
              1963 Wagonaire

Comment

quote:Originally posted by StudeRich

It sure does look like an 1963-64 8E-5 to me! Maybe he got the E5 Serial number mixed up with the year model 8E, because a 5E is a 1960, who knows. Nice truck though! ...Chromed ENGINE huh!![:0]

StudeRich
                Studebakers Northwest
                Ferndale, WA
                I agree with you Rich! The swing pedals, the parking lamps (orange lenses & horizontal louvers) and the OHV 6 all say "8E" series to me. Maybe it's one of only 4, 63/64 Champ's that have been mislabelled as 1960's![:0][}]

<h5>Mark
                '57 Transtar
                3E-6/7-122
                </h5>

Mark Hayden
                '66 Commander

Comment

quote:Originally posted by StudeRich

It sure does look like an 1963-64 8E-5 to me! Maybe he got the E5 Serial number mixed up with the year model 8E, because a 5E is a 1960, who knows. Nice truck though! ...Chromed ENGINE huh!![:0]

StudeRich
                  Studebakers Northwest
                  Ferndale, WA
                  I agree with you Rich! The swing pedals, the parking lamps (orange lenses & horizontal louvers) and the OHV 6 all say "8E" series to me. Maybe it's one of only 4, 63/64 Champ's that have been mislabelled as 1960's![:0][}]

<h5>Mark
                  '57 Transtar
                  3E-6/7-122
                  </h5>

Mark Hayden
                  '66 Commander

Comment

Working...
                  X