64 Studebaker Daytona seat covers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 64 Studebaker Daytona seat covers

Hey out there! I hate these seat covers on this car!!!They were on the car when I got it recently and are clearly in perfect shape. If my interior were black I might not mind them but I need/want red. Where could I get red seat covers? Would someone want these? They are in perfect shape they just don't match this car at all!
    Attached Files

Silly question, have you peaked under those seat covers to see what's underneath? Maybe the original Studebaker seat covers were covered over.
    If not, get in touch with Will Sander of Starlight Studebaker. He probably has the nos original coverings. He bought all of the leftover upholstery from South Bend. Be patient with Will, he has a full time job as a teacher and the Studebaker business is a part time job.
    sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
    Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
    "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

There are no silly questions! thanks for the reply. I carefully have looked under the covers. The original seats are typically worn certainly not presentable. These are covers right over the original seats. As much as I hate these covers they look better than tired originals. I have a lot to do with this car so this isn't necessarily my first priority but I hope to get something better SOON! I'm a brand new Studebaker owner, very much a newbie to the brand so I'm trying to get educated here I will check our Starlite Stude. Thanks for the tip!!

Comment

if what's underneath those covers is not useable, another option would be SE Studebaker - and if you want a quick turnaround from either, from what I've read - good luck! perhaps if the covers would be installed by you, that may be a quicker turnaround for shipping.

here's Rene Harger's (SES) site: http://www.alpha-omegaclothingco.com...tudebaker.html
        Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Quit looking at your seat covers and look at your beautiful dash pad! It appears to be in perfect condition!
          sigpic
          In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

I'd try to sell them as is, then replace with your own choice of seats and cover of choice. Too bad you're out far, I have 2 complete set of recliners w/ floor brackets......just waiting for the right car ....

Comment

If you are going to South Bend next weekend, I have a set of Bordeaux Red covers that I took off my 64 about 10 years ago when SASCO was selling the NOS covers. I took the opportunity to upgrade to NOS and my old covers were too good to throw out. 1 small cigarette burn in front seat and some sun fade. Not show car, but good for a driver. We can meet up if you like and you can decide if you want them. I would be happy with $100 for front and rear.

Bob
              Bob
              Welland Ontario
              60 Lark Convertible
              64 Daytona
              sigpic
              "They were meant to be driven ... so keep on cruizin"

Comment

Working...
              X