Forum, Ethel... Ethel, forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quote:Originally posted by Randy_G

Hello Ethel welcome to the forum. Nice car get her inside before she catches a cold. [)]
    No problem, Randy- she was inside about an hour after that pictue was taken, like the rest[^]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Randy_G

Hello Ethel welcome to the forum. Nice car get her inside before she catches a cold. [)]
      No problem, Randy- she was inside about an hour after that pictue was taken, like the rest[^]

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

I think Bigsy's concern is how quickly you were overcome with a severe case of Studitis. Most of us succumbed to the disease slowly, but it has only taken you a year and a half to be eaten up by it and have most of the landscape around your house covered with cars.

Comment

I think Bigsy's concern is how quickly you were overcome with a severe case of Studitis. Most of us succumbed to the disease slowly, but it has only taken you a year and a half to be eaten up by it and have most of the landscape around your house covered with cars.

Comment

Bob Andrews, you are becoming a BIG TIME Studebaker collector, and FAST! Lookout, there's a new kid in town...

[)][^]

Matthew Burnette
            '59 Scotsman
            '63 Daytona
            Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Bob Andrews, you are becoming a BIG TIME Studebaker collector, and FAST! Lookout, there's a new kid in town...

[)][^]

Matthew Burnette
              '59 Scotsman
              '63 Daytona
              Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

I always planned to get into becoming a major classic car collector when my racing career was over. I've found something I liked in all American brands, so I'm open to lots of different brands. I've always had a love for Lincolns, and have my ideal one now! (side note: that car may be changing hands this week[V]).

As it happened, one too many concussions combined with my doctor's overreaction to same nudged me into semi-retirement from driving race cars[}] I chose to make it into a positive by expanding my business and going after my car-collecting dream. I'm secure enough that I don't need to go with ego cars (we all know what they are) and am drawn to the unusual. I like some Ramblers, and Nashes; so I just keep my eyes open. My first Stude came to me not from the love of Studes, but the love of old cars in general! Then, searching the 'net, I found this forum. Seeing the amount of support, knowledge, and availability kept me here. Now I've met too many good people that I enjoy for me to turn my back; and as a by-product, certain models of Studes have really captured my imagination- as anyone can see...

I'm blessed to have had some success, and can afford to accumulate few-hundred-dollar Studes, and put some money into them, as opposed to a 6-digit Hemi Charger or Camaro Pace Car... the cost takes the enjoyment out for me.

I have plenty of space; as of this writing you can't see any Studes from the road, as they're all put away; and I've barely made a dent in my space. I'll still buy more, but make no mistake- they're only toys. While we like to joke about a "disease" I keep this stuff in perspective- I don't overspend, or obsess about them. The cars I have will be restored in two stages- first, made into decent drivers (like Molly is), then someday brought the rest of the way. This way, the cars can be enjoyed and kept active, and if I don't finish them, they'll be good drivers for someone else to take the rest of the way!

I've no idea why anyone would disapprove, but if they do, God Bless... it's not gonna deter me from enjoying life- and the "thrill of the hunt!"

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

I always planned to get into becoming a major classic car collector when my racing career was over. I've found something I liked in all American brands, so I'm open to lots of different brands. I've always had a love for Lincolns, and have my ideal one now! (side note: that car may be changing hands this week[V]).

As it happened, one too many concussions combined with my doctor's overreaction to same nudged me into semi-retirement from driving race cars[}] I chose to make it into a positive by expanding my business and going after my car-collecting dream. I'm secure enough that I don't need to go with ego cars (we all know what they are) and am drawn to the unusual. I like some Ramblers, and Nashes; so I just keep my eyes open. My first Stude came to me not from the love of Studes, but the love of old cars in general! Then, searching the 'net, I found this forum. Seeing the amount of support, knowledge, and availability kept me here. Now I've met too many good people that I enjoy for me to turn my back; and as a by-product, certain models of Studes have really captured my imagination- as anyone can see...

I'm blessed to have had some success, and can afford to accumulate few-hundred-dollar Studes, and put some money into them, as opposed to a 6-digit Hemi Charger or Camaro Pace Car... the cost takes the enjoyment out for me.

I have plenty of space; as of this writing you can't see any Studes from the road, as they're all put away; and I've barely made a dent in my space. I'll still buy more, but make no mistake- they're only toys. While we like to joke about a "disease" I keep this stuff in perspective- I don't overspend, or obsess about them. The cars I have will be restored in two stages- first, made into decent drivers (like Molly is), then someday brought the rest of the way. This way, the cars can be enjoyed and kept active, and if I don't finish them, they'll be good drivers for someone else to take the rest of the way!

I've no idea why anyone would disapprove, but if they do, God Bless... it's not gonna deter me from enjoying life- and the "thrill of the hunt!"

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

quote:Originally posted by wally

Mr Biggs may have been frowning re: giving Ethel to your nephew for his first car. We know what fate quite often befalls those cars...
                    No worries there, either... if Evyn becomes the type that needs to act like a fool on the road, it'll be hands off the Studes till he gets over that! He can get some foreign piece of junk and put a fart can on it and hammer it into the ground[xx(]

I was that way [:I] But I did it with cheapo Camaros, Chargers, Malibus, etc... you know, the cars that rich numbskulls are paying 6 and 7 figures for now[|)]

However- it doesn't seem that Evyn will be that type- I think he'll protect and appreciate Studes. If not, they'll be here when he grows up!

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

quote:Originally posted by wally

Mr Biggs may have been frowning re: giving Ethel to your nephew for his first car. We know what fate quite often befalls those cars...
                      No worries there, either... if Evyn becomes the type that needs to act like a fool on the road, it'll be hands off the Studes till he gets over that! He can get some foreign piece of junk and put a fart can on it and hammer it into the ground[xx(]

I was that way [:I] But I did it with cheapo Camaros, Chargers, Malibus, etc... you know, the cars that rich numbskulls are paying 6 and 7 figures for now[|)]

However- it doesn't seem that Evyn will be that type- I think he'll protect and appreciate Studes. If not, they'll be here when he grows up!

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Working...
                      X