Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want to add my sincere THANK YOU to all my fellow Vets. At yesterdays chapter meeting I asked for all Veterans to stand and have the chapter show their appreciation. Well more than half the men stood. I was very proud of the chapter. I also brought along for display several WW II ads and the B 17 print that Studebaker sold for 10 cents in 1943 with the original mailing tube with the 6 cents stamp on it. Of cource when I bought the poster on eBay the price for it and postage had gone up considerably
    Once again THANK YOU all that have served and are serving now.

Gary Sanders
    Nixa, MO
    President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
    Gary Sanders
    Nixa, MO

Comment

I want to add my sincere THANK YOU to all my fellow Vets. At yesterdays chapter meeting I asked for all Veterans to stand and have the chapter show their appreciation. Well more than half the men stood. I was very proud of the chapter. I also brought along for display several WW II ads and the B 17 print that Studebaker sold for 10 cents in 1943 with the original mailing tube with the 6 cents stamp on it. Of cource when I bought the poster on eBay the price for it and postage had gone up considerably
      Once again THANK YOU all that have served and are serving now.

Gary Sanders
      Nixa, MO
      President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
      Gary Sanders
      Nixa, MO

Comment

Thanks to all for the great pix and fine tributes to our veterans. On Sunday, I had all of the veterans at my church stand for recognition, and it was about half of the adult men. We would have had a few more, but they were deployed to Iraq & Afghanistan. As I said on Sun., we are free only because some of our best young people are willing to sacrifice the best years of their lives to live in often awful conditions away from friends, sweet hearts, & family to do a tough job for low pay while risking life & limb. Freedom is never free, but the price of freedom is eternal vigilance. America will only remain the land of the free as long as she is the home of the brave. If only our so-called leaders had been as faithful in their duty to this nation as our servicemen have been, our torch of freedom would be burning brightly instead of flickering today.

Barry'd in Studes

Comment

Thanks to all for the great pix and fine tributes to our veterans. On Sunday, I had all of the veterans at my church stand for recognition, and it was about half of the adult men. We would have had a few more, but they were deployed to Iraq & Afghanistan. As I said on Sun., we are free only because some of our best young people are willing to sacrifice the best years of their lives to live in often awful conditions away from friends, sweet hearts, & family to do a tough job for low pay while risking life & limb. Freedom is never free, but the price of freedom is eternal vigilance. America will only remain the land of the free as long as she is the home of the brave. If only our so-called leaders had been as faithful in their duty to this nation as our servicemen have been, our torch of freedom would be burning brightly instead of flickering today.

Barry'd in Studes

Comment

As a final word on this thread I wish to add my own expression of gratitude to all veterans, active personnel here and abroad, and their families for their service. THANK YOU!

Our North Star Chapter doesn't have a specific Veterans Day event (November in Minnesota = brrr), but for the past 33 years we have been proud and honored to host our annual Memorial Day Car Show where owners of all makes of cars and trucks gather to pay their respects to those no longer with us and all veterans. This last Memorial Day nearly 300 vehicles joined our cadre of Studebakers on the show field... bound by a common love for cars and respect for our vets.

B Shaw
            USAF, 63-66

SDC webmaster, www.studebakerdriversclub.com
            Chapter webmaster, www.northstarwheel.com

I've now closed this thread.
            sigpic
            Bob Shaw
            Rush City, Minnesota
            1960 Hawk - www.northstarstudebakers.com
            "The farther I go, the behinder I get."

Comment

As a final word on this thread I wish to add my own expression of gratitude to all veterans, active personnel here and abroad, and their families for their service. THANK YOU!

Our North Star Chapter doesn't have a specific Veterans Day event (November in Minnesota = brrr), but for the past 33 years we have been proud and honored to host our annual Memorial Day Car Show where owners of all makes of cars and trucks gather to pay their respects to those no longer with us and all veterans. This last Memorial Day nearly 300 vehicles joined our cadre of Studebakers on the show field... bound by a common love for cars and respect for our vets.

B Shaw
              USAF, 63-66

SDC webmaster, www.studebakerdriversclub.com
              Chapter webmaster, www.northstarwheel.com

I've now closed this thread.
              sigpic
              Bob Shaw
              Rush City, Minnesota
              1960 Hawk - www.northstarstudebakers.com
              "The farther I go, the behinder I get."

Comment

Working...