Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dpson
    replied
    I'll be coming in on Thursday to set up for the flea market and will stay through Saturday. My flea spaces moved a bit this year to help give Jim Lawrence more room for his upholstery display. Jim does real nice work if your thinking of having upholstery done. I gave Dave Dow a call a couple weeks ago and it looks like he will be riding shotgun with me this trip. (Dave's good friend and Studebaker traveling buddy, Don Richards, passed away earlier this year.)

P.S. Those of you who don't know Dave Dow, stop by and say hi, his interest in the club goes back to the 1960's and he was one of those who participated in the first national meet.

Dan Peterson
    Montpelier, VT
    1960 Lark V-8 Convertible
    1960 Lark V-8 Convertible (parts car)
    1961 Lark Crusier
    1962 Lark V-8 Regal Convertible

Leave a comment:

• dpson
    replied
    I'll be coming in on Thursday to set up for the flea market and will stay through Saturday. My flea spaces moved a bit this year to help give Jim Lawrence more room for his upholstery display. Jim does real nice work if your thinking of having upholstery done. I gave Dave Dow a call a couple weeks ago and it looks like he will be riding shotgun with me this trip. (Dave's good friend and Studebaker traveling buddy, Don Richards, passed away earlier this year.)

P.S. Those of you who don't know Dave Dow, stop by and say hi, his interest in the club goes back to the 1960's and he was one of those who participated in the first national meet.

Dan Peterson
    Montpelier, VT
    1960 Lark V-8 Convertible
    1960 Lark V-8 Convertible (parts car)
    1961 Lark Crusier
    1962 Lark V-8 Regal Convertible

Leave a comment:

• Avantidon
    replied
    Reedsville is a metro area with approximately 500 residents so 20 to 1 would be what Max is expecting. All three cops will be out directing traffic on Friday and Saturday mornings as the fans rush in.

See you in the future as I write about our past

Leave a comment:

• Avantidon
    replied
    Reedsville is a metro area with approximately 500 residents so 20 to 1 would be what Max is expecting. All three cops will be out directing traffic on Friday and Saturday mornings as the fans rush in.

Leave a comment:

• bams50
    replied
    I'll be there Friday morning till Sat. afternoon. I'll be wearing my SDC Forum button. Hope to see you all there!!

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

Leave a comment:

• bams50
    replied
    I'll be there Friday morning till Sat. afternoon. I'll be wearing my SDC Forum button. Hope to see you all there!!

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

Leave a comment:

• Guido
    replied
    "expecting 15,000 people"?????
    Perhaps that many cars pass the Reedsville exit on 322 each day, but that is about it. Lets say that these "15,000 people" come 4 to a vehicle, which will mean 3750 cars in the lot. Where would they put them????

I would say that if there were 750 people through the doors they would be doing good. I would not want to even try to put 15,000 people in that fire trap when it was empty, much less with "150 vendors" taking up space.

Leave a comment:

• Guido
    replied
    "expecting 15,000 people"?????
    Perhaps that many cars pass the Reedsville exit on 322 each day, but that is about it. Lets say that these "15,000 people" come 4 to a vehicle, which will mean 3750 cars in the lot. Where would they put them????

I would say that if there were 750 people through the doors they would be doing good. I would not want to even try to put 15,000 people in that fire trap when it was empty, much less with "150 vendors" taking up space.

Leave a comment:

• DEEPNHOCK
    replied
    I'll betcha Max told the reporter/reporterette that there were 15,000 people in the club and he/she took it that they ALL would be here[:0]
    Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by garyash

I'm pretty sure 150 people will show up, and it would be very good if 1500 people came, though that would approach an International meet. I cannot imagine 15,000 people turning up for ANY Studebaker event - and certainly not in Reedsville, PA.
    <snip>

Leave a comment:

• DEEPNHOCK
    replied
    I'll betcha Max told the reporter/reporterette that there were 15,000 people in the club and he/she took it that they ALL would be here[:0]
    Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by garyash

I'm pretty sure 150 people will show up, and it would be very good if 1500 people came, though that would approach an International meet. I cannot imagine 15,000 people turning up for ANY Studebaker event - and certainly not in Reedsville, PA.
    <snip>

Leave a comment:

• Rerun
    replied
    The numbers struck me as "slightly" optimistic. I'll search for you among the crowds, Gary.

Jim Bradley
    '64 Daytona HT "Rerun"

Leave a comment:

• Rerun
    replied
    The numbers struck me as "slightly" optimistic. I'll search for you among the crowds, Gary.

Jim Bradley
    '64 Daytona HT "Rerun"

Leave a comment:

• garyash
    replied

I, for one, will be there. It's going to be hard to find all of my old friends in that crowd of 15,000 people in the hall, but wave and shout when you see me.

Here are some photos from 2004.
    http://www.studegarage.com/Reedsville2004.htm

[img=left]http://www.studegarage.com/images/gary_ash_m5_sm.jpg[/img=left] Gary Ash
    Dartmouth, Mass.
    '48 M5
    '65 Wagonaire Commander
    '63 Wagonaire Standard
    web site at http://www.studegarage.com

Leave a comment:

• garyash
    replied

I, for one, will be there. It's going to be hard to find all of my old friends in that crowd of 15,000 people in the hall, but wave and shout when you see me.

Here are some photos from 2004.
    http://www.studegarage.com/Reedsville2004.htm

[img=left]http://www.studegarage.com/images/gary_ash_m5_sm.jpg[/img=left] Gary Ash
    Dartmouth, Mass.
    '48 M5
    '65 Wagonaire Commander
    '63 Wagonaire Standard
    web site at http://www.studegarage.com

Leave a comment:

• Avantidon
    replied
    Reedsville is a place to meet old friends and see the lates finds and goodies for the Studebaker nut. It is also a place to mingle with the Amish buggies that trapse up and down the road as well as taste Max's cookin. It is also a place to purchase raffle tickets for the latest Keystone SDC raffle car. Come join the fun anf frolic with the reat of the Studebaker fanatics that overwhelm the entire population of Reedsville by at least a 10 to 1 maegin. The weather is always iffy but it's always warm in the building

Leave a comment:

Working...
X