• Biggest Reedsville Meet ???

The following article appeared in the Lewistown Sentinel on Thursday:

Jim Bradley
    '64 Daytona HT "Rerun"
    Jim Bradley
    Lake Monticello, VA
    '78 Avanti II
    sigpic

I guess that this is the most exciting thing that happens in Lewistown.
    Sorry I couldn't make it.
    Rog

'59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
    Smithtown,NY
    Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

I guess that this is the most exciting thing that happens in Lewistown.
      Sorry I couldn't make it.
      Rog

Smithtown,NY
      Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Reedsville is a place to meet old friends and see the lates finds and goodies for the Studebaker nut. It is also a place to mingle with the Amish buggies that trapse up and down the road as well as taste Max's cookin. It is also a place to purchase raffle tickets for the latest Keystone SDC raffle car. Come join the fun anf frolic with the reat of the Studebaker fanatics that overwhelm the entire population of Reedsville by at least a 10 to 1 maegin. The weather is always iffy but it's always warm in the building

See you in the future as I write about our past
        sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Reedsville is a place to meet old friends and see the lates finds and goodies for the Studebaker nut. It is also a place to mingle with the Amish buggies that trapse up and down the road as well as taste Max's cookin. It is also a place to purchase raffle tickets for the latest Keystone SDC raffle car. Come join the fun anf frolic with the reat of the Studebaker fanatics that overwhelm the entire population of Reedsville by at least a 10 to 1 maegin. The weather is always iffy but it's always warm in the building

See you in the future as I write about our past
          sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

I'm pretty sure 150 people will show up, and it would be very good if 1500 people came, though that would approach an International meet. I cannot imagine 15,000 people turning up for ANY Studebaker event - and certainly not in Reedsville, PA.

I, for one, will be there. It's going to be hard to find all of my old friends in that crowd of 15,000 people in the hall, but wave and shout when you see me.

Here are some photos from 2004.
            http://www.studegarage.com/Reedsville2004.htm

[img=left]http://www.studegarage.com/images/gary_ash_m5_sm.jpg[/img=left] Gary Ash
            Dartmouth, Mass.
            '48 M5
            '65 Wagonaire Commander
            '63 Wagonaire Standard
            web site at http://www.studegarage.com
            Gary Ash
            Dartmouth, Mass.

'32 Indy car replica (in progress)
            ’41 Commander Land Cruiser
            '48 M5
            '65 Wagonaire Commander
            '63 Wagonaire Standard

Comment

I'm pretty sure 150 people will show up, and it would be very good if 1500 people came, though that would approach an International meet. I cannot imagine 15,000 people turning up for ANY Studebaker event - and certainly not in Reedsville, PA.

I, for one, will be there. It's going to be hard to find all of my old friends in that crowd of 15,000 people in the hall, but wave and shout when you see me.

Here are some photos from 2004.
              http://www.studegarage.com/Reedsville2004.htm

[img=left]http://www.studegarage.com/images/gary_ash_m5_sm.jpg[/img=left] Gary Ash
              Dartmouth, Mass.
              '48 M5
              '65 Wagonaire Commander
              '63 Wagonaire Standard
              Gary Ash
              Dartmouth, Mass.

'32 Indy car replica (in progress)
              ’41 Commander Land Cruiser
              '48 M5
              '65 Wagonaire Commander
              '63 Wagonaire Standard

Comment

The numbers struck me as "slightly" optimistic. I'll search for you among the crowds, Gary.

Jim Bradley
                '64 Daytona HT "Rerun"
                Jim Bradley
                Lake Monticello, VA
                '78 Avanti II
                sigpic

Comment

The numbers struck me as "slightly" optimistic. I'll search for you among the crowds, Gary.

Jim Bradley
                  '64 Daytona HT "Rerun"
                  Jim Bradley
                  Lake Monticello, VA
                  '78 Avanti II
                  sigpic

Comment

I'll betcha Max told the reporter/reporterette that there were 15,000 people in the club and he/she took it that they ALL would be here[:0]
                    Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by garyash

<snip>
                    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

I'll betcha Max told the reporter/reporterette that there were 15,000 people in the club and he/she took it that they ALL would be here[:0]
                      Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by garyash

<snip>
                      HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

"expecting 15,000 people"?????
                        Perhaps that many cars pass the Reedsville exit on 322 each day, but that is about it. Lets say that these "15,000 people" come 4 to a vehicle, which will mean 3750 cars in the lot. Where would they put them????

I would say that if there were 750 people through the doors they would be doing good. I would not want to even try to put 15,000 people in that fire trap when it was empty, much less with "150 vendors" taking up space.

Comment

"expecting 15,000 people"?????
                          Perhaps that many cars pass the Reedsville exit on 322 each day, but that is about it. Lets say that these "15,000 people" come 4 to a vehicle, which will mean 3750 cars in the lot. Where would they put them????

I would say that if there were 750 people through the doors they would be doing good. I would not want to even try to put 15,000 people in that fire trap when it was empty, much less with "150 vendors" taking up space.

Comment

I'll be there Friday morning till Sat. afternoon. I'll be wearing my SDC Forum button. Hope to see you all there!!

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                            Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

I'll be there Friday morning till Sat. afternoon. I'll be wearing my SDC Forum button. Hope to see you all there!!

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                              Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Working...
                              X