Charlotte AACA National Meet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charlotte AACA National Meet

Great weather. After switching back to Bias-plys,std wheels and wheel covers........Won 1st Junior.

Ken
    Attached Files
    sigpic
    1961 Hawk ...4-Speed;4bc;Twin Traction

Ken Byrd
    Lewisville,NC

Congratulations!
    Joe Roberts
    '61 R1 Champ
    '65 Cruiser
    Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Congrats Ken. If you decide to find a new home for those wire wheels, I know of a 61 Hawk that is going to need a set in a year or so.

Wayne
      Wayne
      "Trying to shed my CASO ways"

sigpic‚Äč

Comment

Thanks Very much all!

As for the wire wheels...... They will be put back on for "local shows" and cruises. Just not for AACA events.
        sigpic

Ken Byrd
        Lewisville,NC

Comment

Originally posted by blackhawk61 View Post
          As for the wire wheels...... They will be put back on for "local shows" and cruises. Just not for AACA events.
          Congratulations!

There are more than a few vintage car owners here who also have two sets tires & rims; one 'factory original' set when the need calls for them, and modern radials on aftermarket wheels for cruises.

Craig

Comment

Dead Avanti after Charlotte Auto Fair

Congrats! It was a great show. But my haunted '63 R2 Avanti (Ghostrider) got me again. On the way over, about 35 miles, she drove like a brand new car. On the way back home, it was a different story. About 15 miles into the return trip, the turn signals quit working. Then, the car started loping instead of smooth idling when stopped at lights and such. I thought it might need blowing out. So I gassed it and ran up to about 85 mph. Then everything quit. It was like all fuel and fire suddenly went away. Fortunately, it gave up right near the intersection of Hwy 73 and 115. So I was able to push it uphill and over to marked off yellow area before the left turn lane. Waited an hour in the sun for the guys at Lineberger's Wrecker Service in Denver to come load it up on their hauler. They treated the car very delicately and did an excellent job. Now it's back in my garage waiting for my mechanic brother to come down and diagnose the problem(s) on Friday. The main problem, as always, is that the car is haunted.
            Attached Files
            edp/NC
            \'63 Avanti
            \'66 Commander

Comment

Ken, I saw your beautiful Hawk at Charlotte and you may remember me talking with you . I was showing my 63 Avanti R-2 turquoise for the second time BUT THIS TIME WITHOUT WIRE WHEELS . They deducted 40 points for my incorrect wire wheels in 2014 ...this year I have correct steel rims with correct nos wheel covers and correct bias tires

I won my first junior award and now wait till next year for my senior award.

congratulations on winning your first Junior award ...great looking 61 Hawk

Joe Parsons , Raleigh , NC

Joe Parsons

Comment

Thanks Joe........Yes I do remember You. Would LOVE to see that AWESOME 58 Hawk of Yours !
                sigpic

Ken Byrd
                Lewisville,NC

Comment

Ken Way to go, glad hard work had it's rewards. Now for your senior next year. Had a great time until I got my doors blowed off going home by a 54 Champion David

Comment

Originally posted by prez55 View Post
                    Had a great time until I got my doors blowed off going home by a 54 Champion David

Still had a slight driveline vibration at 55 - 65 mph. Best fix that day was to drive 70 - 75 mph.

Changed the engine/trans angle slightly early this week and pretty much took care of it. But I'm still driving it at 70 - 75 mph.
                    Paul
                    Winston-Salem, NC
                    Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

Working...
                    X