NSRA in oklahoma city

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NSRA in oklahoma city

went to the NSRA meet today in Oklahoma City is very disappointed not to see more Studebakers turnout for the show. lots of beautiful cars but very few Studebakers 3 in total.

That is a good sign imho.
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

NSRA? Isn't that a disease of some kind?
      Neil Thornton

Comment

Never mind the sneering bunch. Nothing wrong with trying to convert the great unwashed to a Studebaker way of thinking. Consider those 3 to be apostles spreading the Studebaker gospel...
        The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Originally posted by rockinhawk View Post
          NSRA? Isn't that a disease of some kind?
          My wife(The Nurse) just corrected me. The disease is MRSA!
          Neil Thornton

Comment

I run into this all the time. Sometimes mine is the only Studebaker to show up. Disappointing but it I always get a lot of attention. Gives me a chance to talk to folks about why I love these cars so much. I don't know if I have made any converts but people do walk away with more than they knew before.
            Ed Sallia
            Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

National Street Rod Association. Not necessarily a bad thing. I was a member for years.
              Jamie McLeod
              Hope Mills, NC

1963 Lark "Ugly Betty"
              1958 Commander "Christine"
              1964 Wagonaire "Louise"
              1955 Commander Sedan
              1964 Champ
              1960 Lark

Comment

If we only preach to our own congregation we are not likely to get many converts.
                Pat Dilling
                Olivehurst, CA
                Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

We had the GSTA (Gopher State Timing Association) show here this weekend. There were no Studes there last year but there was a very nice one this year:

I need to chase down the owner and get him to bring that to our Zone meet in July.

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Dilling View Post
                    If we only preach to our own congregation we are not likely to get many converts.
                    this statement needs repeating. get 'em out to area multi-make car shows!!!
                    Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Originally posted by BobWaitz View Post
                      I need to chase down the owner and get him to bring that to our Zone meet in July.
                      It would be a nice addition to any meet. In all fairness, however, you might tell the owner to be prepared to be insulted.
                      sigpic
                      Dave Lester

Comment

Originally posted by starlight54dreamer View Post
                        went to the NSRA meet today in Oklahoma City is very disappointed not to see more Studebakers turnout for the show. lots of beautiful cars but very few Studebakers 3 in total.
                        I see this is your first post, so let me be the first to give a hearty WELCOME!

I have been going to the NSRA in Louisville most of the past 15 years. It has always been as you describe. I figure it a good day to count half dozen Studes. But the same is true for other classic car events, i.e. local cruise-ins. It is also true on the road, if you see half dozen Studes on the road in a year's time, consider it a good year. Yep, its lonely out there, but driving something most folks don't even recognize, just makes it even more fun.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeHall View Post
                          I see this is your first post, so let me be the first to give a hearty WELCOME!

I have been going to the NSRA in Louisville most of the past 15 years. It has always been as you describe. I figure it a good day to count half dozen Studes. But the same is true for other classic car events, i.e. local cruise-ins. It is also true on the road, if you see half dozen Studes on the road in a year's time, consider it a good year. Yep, its lonely out there, but driving something most folks don't even recognize, just makes it even more fun.
                          I agree Joe with all you said above. As you saw this past year, I had my Avanti at the Street Rod Nationals and parked with a group of mostly Cameros that belong to friends. The Cameros get a lot of looks, but the Avanti always has a group around it.
                          At local events, I've won trophies with out even trying, to the dismay of my Camero friends. I constantly tease them saying, that as nice as their care are, I'll receive an award before they will. They are one of a multitude of cars competing for a trophy in their class, and I'm one of a very few in the "Orphan" or "Other" class.Driving a Studebaker is fun in so many ways.
                          John

Comment

Originally posted by Studedude View Post
                            It would be a nice addition to any meet. In all fairness, however, you might tell the owner to be prepared to be insulted.
                            I'm not worried. That sort of thing really doesn't happen at our meets.

Comment

Originally posted by BobWaitz View Post
                              I'm not worried. That sort of thing really doesn't happen at our meets.
                              This is good!
                              sigpic
                              Dave Lester

Comment

Working...
                              X