Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roscomacaw
    replied
    Boy, for all the ruckus that's gone on about 58 sedans lately - someone ought to JUMP on that 58 Champion. Looks like it's a nice example of one and Bill's description leaves little doubt that you could hop in it and go wherever you wanted to in it![]
    If I weren't overloaded with Studes, I'd already own it.[}]

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe

Leave a comment:

• Roscomacaw
    replied
    Boy, for all the ruckus that's gone on about 58 sedans lately - someone ought to JUMP on that 58 Champion. Looks like it's a nice example of one and Bill's description leaves little doubt that you could hop in it and go wherever you wanted to in it![]
    If I weren't overloaded with Studes, I'd already own it.[}]

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe

Leave a comment:

• Guido
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by Bill Elbert
    Well things are moving,...
    Bill,

Given your luck, any chance you want to try and dispose of a couple of mine?

Gary

Leave a comment:

• Guido
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by Bill Elbert
    Well things are moving,...
    Bill,

Given your luck, any chance you want to try and dispose of a couple of mine?

Gary

Leave a comment:

• Bill Elbert
    replied
    Spence, My family and I attended the Zone Meet in Denton in the Pink 58, the one picture is my two youngest daughters hollern at me to "come on!" Denton is about 2 hours NE of us, I used to be a firefighter there. Well things are moving, not only sold the 59 4E11 but sold the 29 Model A Tudor as well. Still have the 58 Champion and the 41 M5.

Bill Elbert

59 4E11
    58 Champion
    57 3E11
    48 M16
    46 M15
    41 M5

Leave a comment:

• Bill Elbert
    replied
    Spence, My family and I attended the Zone Meet in Denton in the Pink 58, the one picture is my two youngest daughters hollern at me to "come on!" Denton is about 2 hours NE of us, I used to be a firefighter there. Well things are moving, not only sold the 59 4E11 but sold the 29 Model A Tudor as well. Still have the 58 Champion and the 41 M5.

Bill Elbert

59 4E11
    58 Champion
    57 3E11
    48 M16
    46 M15
    41 M5

Leave a comment:

• 1950Champ
    replied
    Is that first picture of the Pink 59 from the South Central Meet? It looks familiar.

Spence Gaskin

Leave a comment:

• 1950Champ
    replied
    Is that first picture of the Pink 59 from the South Central Meet? It looks familiar.

Spence Gaskin

Leave a comment:

• Bill Elbert
    replied
    Just to let ya'll know, the pink 59 4E11 is sold. It is going to a great Studebaker Truck home. The 58 and 41 M5 are the southern cars you rust belt guys always want, I would sure like to see them go to one of you guys as well. Contact me if you have any interest and we'll work something out.

Bill Elbert

59 4E11
    58 Champion
    57 3E11
    48 M16
    46 M15
    41 M5

Leave a comment:

• Bill Elbert
    replied
    Just to let ya'll know, the pink 59 4E11 is sold. It is going to a great Studebaker Truck home. The 58 and 41 M5 are the southern cars you rust belt guys always want, I would sure like to see them go to one of you guys as well. Contact me if you have any interest and we'll work something out.

Bill Elbert

59 4E11
    58 Champion
    57 3E11
    48 M16
    46 M15
    41 M5

Leave a comment:

• Bill Elbert
    replied
    The 58 Champion has the 3 speed OD, which works. I have put four new radials on it, rebuilt the front brakes w/new wheel bearings & new wheel cylinders, added NOS taillight lenses and backup lenses, new fuel pump, new water pump/hoses, new KYB front shocks, new gas tank sending unit and have uninstalled nos fuel guage, nos clock, and new u-joints. What it needs; rebuild rear brakes (have all new brake parts and rear axle bearings), front seat has a separation on drivers side (interior is aging but all there and functional), has a primered area on roof above driver where PO's grandkids sanded and sprayed primer on minor surface rust, soft spots in front floorboards, rust discoloration where chrome trim fastens to side of car (seems to be a problem w/58's) minor rust out in spare tire well and the biggest problem of all, NO radio! THis is a southern car, been in Okla and N Texas most if not all of its life. History is the grandkids of original owner did a minor restoration about 10-15 years ago, paint, interior and mechanical refreshment. Used it in a family wedding and honeymoon, then it sat for a few years until purchased by a neighbor who sold it to me. Came from the Lake Texoma, Durant Okla area. I have driven it back and forth to school and to events within a 200 mile area and have enjoyed it, but 9 cars/trucks are too much while trying to rebuild two old farmhouses on the weekends! Sadly a few most go, and I no longer will have the distinction of having the only two pink Studebakers in Strawn TExas, (pop 500+-)

Bill Elbert

59 4E11
    58 Champion
    57 3E11
    48 M16
    46 M15
    41 M5

Leave a comment:

• Bill Elbert
    replied
    The 58 Champion has the 3 speed OD, which works. I have put four new radials on it, rebuilt the front brakes w/new wheel bearings & new wheel cylinders, added NOS taillight lenses and backup lenses, new fuel pump, new water pump/hoses, new KYB front shocks, new gas tank sending unit and have uninstalled nos fuel guage, nos clock, and new u-joints. What it needs; rebuild rear brakes (have all new brake parts and rear axle bearings), front seat has a separation on drivers side (interior is aging but all there and functional), has a primered area on roof above driver where PO's grandkids sanded and sprayed primer on minor surface rust, soft spots in front floorboards, rust discoloration where chrome trim fastens to side of car (seems to be a problem w/58's) minor rust out in spare tire well and the biggest problem of all, NO radio! THis is a southern car, been in Okla and N Texas most if not all of its life. History is the grandkids of original owner did a minor restoration about 10-15 years ago, paint, interior and mechanical refreshment. Used it in a family wedding and honeymoon, then it sat for a few years until purchased by a neighbor who sold it to me. Came from the Lake Texoma, Durant Okla area. I have driven it back and forth to school and to events within a 200 mile area and have enjoyed it, but 9 cars/trucks are too much while trying to rebuild two old farmhouses on the weekends! Sadly a few most go, and I no longer will have the distinction of having the only two pink Studebakers in Strawn TExas, (pop 500+-)

Bill Elbert

59 4E11
    58 Champion
    57 3E11
    48 M16
    46 M15
    41 M5

Leave a comment:

• Roscomacaw
    replied
    Bill,

What tranny does that '58 Champion have?

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe

Leave a comment:

• Roscomacaw
    replied
    Bill,

What tranny does that '58 Champion have?

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe

Leave a comment:

• Bill Elbert
    started a topic Texas Studebaker Sale

Texas Studebaker Sale

We are moving back to the farm by Wichita Falls, Texas and the move means selling some toys as I am rebuilding two vintage houses on the place. Along with my Pink 59 4E11, I am also selling my pink/white 58 Champion 4door (good shape, runs and drives) and my 41 M5 (runs and drives, needs restored). Since I bought the 59, I have done the following; nos head from SASCO, new tires, new floormat from Mr. Finnessey, rebuilt generator and nos Delco Voltage Reg, Correct Hubcaps from Peter on STT, and new bottom seat. Things I know it needs, Drivers Door glass ( cracked in transit from New England), either new OD Relay or Solenoid (worked perfectly until a month ago, haven't checked it out yet). I want $7000 for the 59 4E11 and I want $3700 for the 58, $3500 for the 41 M5 (pictured below w/ M15, also have a unrestored 29 Model A Tudor that runs and drives, will take $4500 for it. Email for pics or call for more details.
    Thanks
    Bill Elbert Steward
    Strawn Texas
    254-672-5416 or 940-210-8636 (Cell)
    bs51959@yahoo.com

http://www.flickr.com/photos/16426349@N00/1486181657/
    http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1360/...5f7904.jpg?v=0
    http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1228/...d9e006.jpg?v=0
    http://farm1.static.flickr.com/116/3...1b9bac.jpg?v=0
    http://farm1.static.flickr.com/116/3...55bb4d.jpg?v=0
    http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1002/...4a48b0.jpg?v=0

Bill Elbert