63 Lark winning the burn out contest!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Matthew
    I think that my daughter did a great job recording it. She really wanted to be in the car with me. But I talked her into filming.

Gordon

Comment

wow, I swear I could smell the rubber from here!

--george

1963 Lark Daytona HT - 63V J8 175
      53-54 C/Ks, 55 Speedsters, 63 Daytonas, Wagonaires Registries
      http://www.teamwetworks.com/stregs/

Comment

wow, I swear I could smell the rubber from here!

--george

1963 Lark Daytona HT - 63V J8 175
        53-54 C/Ks, 55 Speedsters, 63 Daytonas, Wagonaires Registries
        http://www.teamwetworks.com/stregs/

Comment

It didn't taste to bad either George! [] LOL
          Gordon

Comment

It didn't taste to bad either George! [] LOL
            Gordon

Comment

You know i have many friends that claim i am the King of Burnouts, but i think if they see this i am dethroned.... Very impressive. That comes from a man that has blown tires during a burnout.
              What brand were your tires? I use to run Michelin all the time the seemed to smoke quick and alot. Might have been in my head, but that whats the voices told me to buy......

Erin Hays
              "From Stuck and Rusty to Slick steel and sex appeal"
              RZRECTD
              1961 Hawk
              1962 Lark
              1963 Wagonaire

Comment

You know i have many friends that claim i am the King of Burnouts, but i think if they see this i am dethroned.... Very impressive. That comes from a man that has blown tires during a burnout.
                What brand were your tires? I use to run Michelin all the time the seemed to smoke quick and alot. Might have been in my head, but that whats the voices told me to buy......

Erin Hays
                "From Stuck and Rusty to Slick steel and sex appeal"
                RZRECTD
                1961 Hawk
                1962 Lark
                1963 Wagonaire

Comment

Great video. The crowd loved it.
                  Richard
                  The annual all Studebaker Nationals and Orphan Car Drag Race is Saturday May 27th 2017 9:00 am at Brown County Dragway in Bean Blossom, Indiana. "Studebaker Drag Racing you can't beat it" For more information contact Richard Poe

Comment

Great video. The crowd loved it.
                    Richard
                    The annual all Studebaker Nationals and Orphan Car Drag Race is Saturday May 27th 2017 9:00 am at Brown County Dragway in Bean Blossom, Indiana. "Studebaker Drag Racing you can't beat it" For more information contact Richard Poe

Comment

Thanks Erin
                      The tires were the cheapest that money could buy. I had bought them a few years back. I think they were Premiere brand or something like that. They did smoke pretty good.
                      I won a second burnout contest that I hadn't planned on entering. It was during a car show that was put on at the drag strip. For that one I ran the Goodyear Regatta 2 that were almost bald. They were a softer compound and put out a real brownish colored smoke. My daughter wasn't with me that day to video that contest. But I had a lady from the car show tell me Saturday that I should see the video of the burnout. I'll have to try and get a copy.

Richard
                      It is cool to here the crowd in the Video. The stands were packed. All that I could here was the sweet sound of my 289 @ 5000 rpm's in second gear. [8D]
                      Gordon

Comment

Thanks Erin
                        The tires were the cheapest that money could buy. I had bought them a few years back. I think they were Premiere brand or something like that. They did smoke pretty good.
                        I won a second burnout contest that I hadn't planned on entering. It was during a car show that was put on at the drag strip. For that one I ran the Goodyear Regatta 2 that were almost bald. They were a softer compound and put out a real brownish colored smoke. My daughter wasn't with me that day to video that contest. But I had a lady from the car show tell me Saturday that I should see the video of the burnout. I'll have to try and get a copy.

Richard
                        It is cool to here the crowd in the Video. The stands were packed. All that I could here was the sweet sound of my 289 @ 5000 rpm's in second gear. [8D]
                        Gordon

Comment

You sure that just isn't oil smoke ?
                          Is that guy down by the car still breathing?
                          All kiddin aside .....that was great !

HOME of THE FRIED GREEN TOMATO
                          "IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "
                          1950 2R5
                          1960 Champ
                          1964 Daytona HT
                          sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

You sure that just isn't oil smoke ?
                            Is that guy down by the car still breathing?
                            All kiddin aside .....that was great !

HOME of THE FRIED GREEN TOMATO
                            1950 2R5
                            1960 Champ
                            1964 Daytona HT
                            sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Hey 2R5
                              The guy next to the car is safety man. He is actually holding onto a piece long piece of string, the other end is attached to the contestants wrist. He also has the stop watch. If anything happens that he doesn't like he pulls the string and you stop. The rules are pretty simple. Your brakes must be able to hold the car in place, you must stay on the concrete pad, two minute time limit, or until you blow a tire. [:0]

Gordon

Comment

Hey 2R5
                                The guy next to the car is safety man. He is actually holding onto a piece long piece of string, the other end is attached to the contestants wrist. He also has the stop watch. If anything happens that he doesn't like he pulls the string and you stop. The rules are pretty simple. Your brakes must be able to hold the car in place, you must stay on the concrete pad, two minute time limit, or until you blow a tire. [:0]

Gordon

Comment

Working...
                                X