TV Tool Speed Out Really Works

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV Tool Speed Out Really Works

I saw the ad for Speed Out on a car show channel and mentioned they looked pretty good. The wife saw them in Target and bought a set for about 15.00. It is basically a set of four easy outs on steroids!! I was working on a 1929 Ford that I'm sure had the original screws in the windshield stantions. I tried heat, hammer, PB Blaster, BIG screwdriver with wrench.....nothing worked.

I was skeptical because of the "AS SEEN ON TV" stuff, but had nothing to lose. The Speed Out has a drill bit on one end and the gripping part on the other. You just run your drill in reverse make a hole, flip the tool over, insert it in the drill and WHAMM, and I mean WHAMM that thing grips. It almost twisted the drill out of my hands and out came the screw.

I used it once again, this time I probably started off too small and it slipped, so I moved up the size until WHAMM. I have no interest in the tool I'm just passing on the info as this is a dream come true for stuck bolts and screws, at least the two times I used it.

I'd be interested to hear from others good or bad.

Do you have a link for that?
    I'd rather be driving my Studebaker!

sigpic

Comment

It's as simple as Googling 'speedout'. Why not just do that?
      Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
      Romans 15:13
      Deuteronomy 31:6
      Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Or, just share the link:

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&key...l_2n7ulxkiev_e
        sigpic
        Dave Lester

Comment

Reading the reviews on Amazon I sure wouldn't buy one. Lots of complaints about the tool breaking.
          Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
          50 Champion 2 door*
          53 Commander K Auto*
          53 Commander K overdrive*
          55 President Speedster
          62 GT 4Speed*
          63 Avanti R1*
          64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

Originally posted by Studedude View Post
            I recommended googling because doing that brings up a lot more places to buy then just Amazon; plus you can look up reviews and comments from other places if you like. I thought that preferable to copying and pasting a few dozen links.
            Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
            Romans 15:13
            Deuteronomy 31:6
            Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by ddub View Post
              Reading the reviews on Amazon I sure wouldn't buy one. Lots of complaints about the tool breaking.
              But if it works just once, it's worth the price! <G>

Comment

Originally posted by qsanford View Post
                But if it works just once, it's worth the price! <G>
                OTOH, if the extractor breaks, you now have the problem of trying to drill through the hardened steel of the extractor. BTDT.
                Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
                50 Champion 2 door*
                53 Commander K Auto*
                53 Commander K overdrive*
                55 President Speedster
                62 GT 4Speed*
                63 Avanti R1*
                64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

Sorry... one link to a few dozen links, only one copy and paste involved:

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=speedout
                  sigpic
                  Dave Lester

Comment

Mine (different brand... same tool) have worked sometimes... and not other times. Just like EZ OUTS....
                    Sometimes you just gotta center, drill, and tap..... and that doesn't always work out right either.

Comment

Working...
                    X