Leave a comment:

• Scott
    replied
    Nice show! Kiitoksia!

Leave a comment:

• PekkaP
    replied
    Originally posted by Stu Chapman View Post
    Thanks for this report Pekka. Any chance you will be attending the UK meet in Warwick in late May?

Stu Chapman
    Stu, sadly my current job does not allow me to take off the amount of time needed to go to the UK meet. It is a pity, as I am sure it will be a truly nice meet.

Pekka

Leave a comment:

• Gunslinger
    replied
    The Jensen Interceptor also looks much like one of the Loewy design Studebaker mock ups the SNM has.

Leave a comment:

• Stu Chapman
    replied
    Thanks for this report Pekka. Any chance you will be attending the UK meet in Warwick in late May?

Stu Chapman

Leave a comment:

• j.byrd
    replied
    Excellent ! Thanks so much, great photos.

Leave a comment:

• doug
    replied
    Thanks for the pictures. Looks like a car show in SoCal, not Finland.

Leave a comment:

• warrlaw1
    replied
    Cool. Thanks, Pekka. Nice rides.

Leave a comment:

• 8E45E
    replied
    Thanks for those photos!

We did discuss the Avanti/Jensen resemblance before: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ghlight=jensen

Craig

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    Great assortment, Pekka; thanks for the peek.

'Not often you see an early hemi with DeSoto Firepower on the rocker arm covers; cool beans. BP

Leave a comment:

• PekkaP
    started a topic A couple of Studebakers at Helsinki American Car Show

A couple of Studebakers at Helsinki American Car Show

Traditionally our car show season over here starts at Easter. Last year I had my 1960 Lark VIII HT as the only Studebaker there. This year there were three Studebakers. A nice 1965 Wagonaire that was offered here on the forum some two years ago ( Wisconsin car). Now the car will be auctioned on Monday. I do not think that it will not reach the level the seller is expecting. But you never know. There was also a very nice low mileager 1960 Ford Station Wagon to be offered -- that was offered previously some 20 -25 less than The 1965 Wagonaire's owners asked for his car.

At the show there was also a nice line up of sports cars where a 1963 Avanti R2 was placed next to a 1974/75 Jensen ( 383/440 cid Mopar). One can clearly see how advanced Avanti was as Jensen seems so similar from side. Another neat ride was a ealy DFord coupe with McCulloch powered early Hemi. The builder/owner is just 24 years and showed great energy and attitude. One of my friends who builds cool show cars made a neat 1927 Studebaker Pick-Up from very rusty remains of a 4 door Dictator parts car. It is Ford 289 powered as Studebaker engines are pretty rare here. It is good to have something like this at car shows as the younger people start to recognize Studebaker as a great brand that was really among the most popular cars especially in the late 1920s and 1930s in our country. Also in the early 1960s Larks were a common view over here. Here are few pics from the show. The show has normally some 60.000 -70.000 visitors so it is a big thing over here. My 1955 President coupe might be there in 2016.

Pekka
    Attached Files
Working...
X