Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MEET MY HERO!!

HOLY COW!!

Went to look at this ad; nice car, but his list of other cars for sale BLEW MY MIND!![:0][:0][:0] WHAT an array!

If I lived in Texas, I'd pretend to be interested in the 56 just to have an excuse to see his collection!

Wonder if he's Jay Leno's poor relation....?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Stude...spagenameZWDVW

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

Looks like a used car guy that is trying to get around listing fee's with Ebay......
    He only has two cars listed...
    (And his exotic Italian sports car has a belly button motor in it![:0])
    Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by bams50

HOLY COW!!
    Went to look at this ad; nice car, but his list of other cars for sale BLEW MY MIND!![:0][:0][:0] WHAT an array!
    If I lived in Texas, I'd pretend to be interested in the 56 just to have an excuse to see his collection!
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Looks like a used car guy that is trying to get around listing fee's with Ebay......
      Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by bams50

HOLY COW!!
      HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Once E-Bay sees that that and any auction like it that he's running will get yanked. I believe there are rules against opening one auction and listing your entire used car lot on it.

Comment

Once E-Bay sees that that and any auction like it that he's running will get yanked. I believe there are rules against opening one auction and listing your entire used car lot on it.

Comment

Could be, Jeff... for all we know the whole thing could be a fake. But if I take him at his word- which I do till I see otherwise, then WOW!!

Someday I'll be that guy... imagine having that size collection, and the building(s) to house it[] It's probably going to be 5-10 YEARS before I'm there!![:0]

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Could be, Jeff... for all we know the whole thing could be a fake. But if I take him at his word- which I do till I see otherwise, then WOW!!

Someday I'll be that guy... imagine having that size collection, and the building(s) to house it[] It's probably going to be 5-10 YEARS before I'm there!![:0]

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

quote:Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK

Jeff[8D]

He also forgets to mention that his $50K Lamborghini is a poorly done cheap Fiero kit car. He didn't even bother spending the extra money for the correct length clone.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK

Jeff[8D]

He also forgets to mention that his $50K Lamborghini is a poorly done cheap Fiero kit car. He didn't even bother spending the extra money for the correct length clone.

Comment

For the time being I don't doubt he has the vehicle, but his listing is conducive to a Studebaker with an identity crisis. A Golden Hawk, a Silver Hawk, has a six cylinder, and looks more like the 56 Champion listed and pictured lower in the auction. He has quite a listing of fully restored vehicles, so I would think he would have the moniker down at least(although I've been wrong before). Ever had one of those feelings that questions the rest of what the seller is pandering? Yeah I got one of those, lol. Its one of those feelings that after looking at the '56 and the Fiero, if I wanted the Judge(if its a Judge), how do I know it won't throw a piston 10 miles later.

I dunno I guess I'm just being jumpy but something there don't sit right, lol.

1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
                    1950 Studebaker 2R5 with 170 turbocharged
                    [img=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00003.jpg?t=1171152673[/img=left]
                    [img=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00009.jpg?t=1171153019[/img=right]
                    [img=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00002.jpg?t=1171153180[/img=left]
                    [img=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00005.jpg?t=1171153370[/img=right]
                    1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
                    1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
                    1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

For the time being I don't doubt he has the vehicle, but his listing is conducive to a Studebaker with an identity crisis. A Golden Hawk, a Silver Hawk, has a six cylinder, and looks more like the 56 Champion listed and pictured lower in the auction. He has quite a listing of fully restored vehicles, so I would think he would have the moniker down at least(although I've been wrong before). Ever had one of those feelings that questions the rest of what the seller is pandering? Yeah I got one of those, lol. Its one of those feelings that after looking at the '56 and the Fiero, if I wanted the Judge(if its a Judge), how do I know it won't throw a piston 10 miles later.

I dunno I guess I'm just being jumpy but something there don't sit right, lol.

1950 Studebaker 2R5 with 170 turbocharged
                      [img=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00003.jpg?t=1171152673[/img=left]
                      [img=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00009.jpg?t=1171153019[/img=right]
                      [img=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00002.jpg?t=1171153180[/img=left]
                      [img=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00005.jpg?t=1171153370[/img=right]
                      1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
                      1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
                      1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

Hi
                        That '56 Champion sold on Ebay within the last year, as soon as I saw the solid white, film tinted glass and aftermarket sport steering wheel, I was reminded that it is the same car.
                        Seems like the fellow payed a hefty price for it then.

As for that "collection", a lot of guys equate large numbers they have as being the thing to achieve.
                        Better to have one or just a few VERY choice cars.
                        Steve

Comment

Hi
                          That '56 Champion sold on Ebay within the last year, as soon as I saw the solid white, film tinted glass and aftermarket sport steering wheel, I was reminded that it is the same car.
                          Seems like the fellow payed a hefty price for it then.

As for that "collection", a lot of guys equate large numbers they have as being the thing to achieve.
                          Better to have one or just a few VERY choice cars.
                          Steve

Comment

It seems strange that the addition of a daughter to his family would necessitate the disposal of 35 collector cars. You will also notice that there are several different backgrounds in the pictures, all appearing to be in residential areas. Seems odd that he would not have them stored in a central location.

Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

It seems strange that the addition of a daughter to his family would necessitate the disposal of 35 collector cars. You will also notice that there are several different backgrounds in the pictures, all appearing to be in residential areas. Seems odd that he would not have them stored in a central location.

Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

Working...
                              X