Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oh, to have the credit rating for a loan...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh, to have the credit rating for a loan...

This Gorgeous truck is currently on e-bay. I'd rather have a loan on this than any new truck currently being offered:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1955-...QQcmdZViewItem

Sigh, well... as my dear ol' Dad would have said, "If wishes were fishes, no one would starve."[)]

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
    Lotsa Larks!
    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
    Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

We just hashed this thing out about 2 weeks ago. It sure isn't perfect, but it IS pretty.

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

We just hashed this thing out about 2 weeks ago. It sure isn't perfect, but it IS pretty.

Miscreant adrift in
      the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Ron, if you want it, go get it!! Money's easy- there's plenty of it around... just a matter of going and getting it!

If I want more money, I just figure out how to work harder and smarter; if I really want something that takes money, I make it happen- and as long as we're drawing breath, we all have that opportunity!

You can't buy love, health or happiness- but money can help you get there... I didn't need a reminder, but my Linda's brush with cancer (turned out there was none!!) gave me just that[B)]

Here's hoping you get out and take advantage of the greatest land of oportunity in the history of the earth; and get yourself that beautiful truck!!![8D][^]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
        Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Ron, if you want it, go get it!! Money's easy- there's plenty of it around... just a matter of going and getting it!

If I want more money, I just figure out how to work harder and smarter; if I really want something that takes money, I make it happen- and as long as we're drawing breath, we all have that opportunity!

You can't buy love, health or happiness- but money can help you get there... I didn't need a reminder, but my Linda's brush with cancer (turned out there was none!!) gave me just that[B)]

Here's hoping you get out and take advantage of the greatest land of oportunity in the history of the earth; and get yourself that beautiful truck!!![8D][^]

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

I agree with Bams50...
            If you want something bad enough (and don't have to lie, cheat, or steal to get it) get it.
            Sooner or later we'll all be in a "retirement communuity" eating mushy peas and wetting ourselves.

Enjoy life while you can.

63 Avanti R1 2788
            1914 Stutz Bearcat
            (George Barris replica)

Washington State
            63 Avanti R1 2788
            1914 Stutz Bearcat
            (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

I agree with Bams50...
              If you want something bad enough (and don't have to lie, cheat, or steal to get it) get it.
              Sooner or later we'll all be in a "retirement communuity" eating mushy peas and wetting ourselves.

Enjoy life while you can.

63 Avanti R1 2788
              1914 Stutz Bearcat
              (George Barris replica)

Washington State
              63 Avanti R1 2788
              1914 Stutz Bearcat
              (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JBOYLE

[blue][font=Arial]Sooner or later we'll all be in a "retirement communuity" eating mushy peas and wetting ourselves.
                Now that... was a visual I didn't need [:0]

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
                '63 F2/Lark Standard
                http://studeblogger.blogspot.com
                www.studebakersandiego.com

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JBOYLE

[blue][font=Arial]Sooner or later we'll all be in a "retirement communuity" eating mushy peas and wetting ourselves.
                  Now that... was a visual I didn't need [:0]

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
                  '63 F2/Lark Standard
                  http://studeblogger.blogspot.com
                  www.studebakersandiego.com

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bams50

Parish, central NY 13131
                    Bob, Couldn't Agree more![^] I wouldn't have my '57 if I did not follow that advice. Even though it was something I could not afford, I wanted to get it while I can still enjoy it![8D]

<h5>Mark
                    '57 Transtar
                    3E-6/7-122
                    </h5>

Mark Hayden
                    '66 Commander
                    Zone Coordinator
                    Pacific Can-Am Zone

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bams50

Parish, central NY 13131
                      Bob, Couldn't Agree more![^] I wouldn't have my '57 if I did not follow that advice. Even though it was something I could not afford, I wanted to get it while I can still enjoy it![8D]

<h5>Mark
                      '57 Transtar
                      3E-6/7-122
                      </h5>

Mark Hayden
                      '66 Commander
                      Zone Coordinator
                      Pacific Can-Am Zone

Comment

BTW, Mark... Have you gotten all the Teas crossed and eyes dotted so far as gaining your contry's nod to drive ol' Green Jeans???

Miscreant adrift in
                        the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                        1960 Larkvertible V8
                        1958 Provincial wagon
                        1953 Commander coupe

Comment

BTW, Mark... Have you gotten all the Teas crossed and eyes dotted so far as gaining your contry's nod to drive ol' Green Jeans???

Miscreant adrift in
                          the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                          1960 Larkvertible V8
                          1958 Provincial wagon
                          1953 Commander coupe

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

Miscreant adrift in
                            the BerStuda Triangle
                            Brake and electrical work is complete, I still have to replace all the spring bushings and some other rubber "bits" before he has another appointment with an inspector. I've got all the needed parts but the fall is a time of the year when I'm rarely home because of my job, so progress is slower than I would like.[B)] However, I have had him out for a couple of good drives earlier this fall using Temporary Operating Permits and he runs like a top [8D]. That said, with the bad winter weather upon us, there is little need to rush as he won't be getting regular jaunts until springtime in any case.

<h5>Mark
                            '57 Transtar
                            3E-6/7-122
                            </h5>

Mark Hayden
                            '66 Commander
                            Zone Coordinator
                            Pacific Can-Am Zone

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

Miscreant adrift in
                              the BerStuda Triangle
                              Brake and electrical work is complete, I still have to replace all the spring bushings and some other rubber "bits" before he has another appointment with an inspector. I've got all the needed parts but the fall is a time of the year when I'm rarely home because of my job, so progress is slower than I would like.[B)] However, I have had him out for a couple of good drives earlier this fall using Temporary Operating Permits and he runs like a top [8D]. That said, with the bad winter weather upon us, there is little need to rush as he won't be getting regular jaunts until springtime in any case.

<h5>Mark
                              '57 Transtar
                              3E-6/7-122
                              </h5>

Mark Hayden
                              '66 Commander
                              Zone Coordinator
                              Pacific Can-Am Zone

Comment

Working...
                              X