CL 1950's fire truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CL 1950's fire truck

Not mine, you sure don't see these very often.http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/an...953420033.html

I can see her now, some nice red paint, gold leaf lettering and Fire Dept. Name on hood and door. Some chrome work on bumper and grill, "how sweet it is"
    sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
    Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
    "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

It's tempting....
      sigpic
      In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Lose the stuff behind the cab and make a nice ramp for hauling cars or add a vintage wrecker bed.May as well make it useful.
        I know where I can get a nice rollback bed with all the hydraulics and controls but that wouldn't look right.
        Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

While in posession of fire departments they are usually very well taken care of with low miles. After that, who knows? That light/siren combo by itself is worth several hundred...love the sound of the old sirens as they slowly grind up to speed.
          KURTRUK
          (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Milaca View Post
            It's tempting....
            Brent as I look it over I figured you might be interested in it to help protect the farm.
            Candbstudebakers
            Castro Valley,
            California

Comment

Originally posted by 57pack View Post
              I can see her now, some nice red paint, gold leaf lettering and Fire Dept. Name on hood and door. Some chrome work on bumper and grill, "how sweet it is"
              Actually the white may be authentic. Growing up in mid-Missouri in the 50's, our small town of 4,000 people had 2 firetrucks(a 50's vintage Stude and a '54 Ford). Both were manned by volunteers. The one for in town use was the traditional red...but the one for use in the rural area near town was a white truck. the trucks were housed near the downtown area, so when the siren went off everyone would scramble to see if it was a red truck or a white one that rolled out of the storage building.
              \'57 3E6-12 Transtar Deluxe
              \'64 Daytona HT

Comment

Working...
              X