No announcement yet.

I don't get it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will say like it or not and we all cant like everything . The job appears to be completed and that is admirable.

Comment

All I can say is to each his or hers own. comments are ok but getting down and dirty is not.
      Candbstudebakers
      Castro Valley,
      California

Comment

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
        I'm with you. I've said the same thing on similar threads and I'm mostly ignored.

What's even worse is that a moderator started this one.

The car is FOR SALE. If you don't like it and it bothers you that much, buy it and change it.
        The original posters only comment was that he personally didn't get it. Nothing wrong with that. Why pick on him ?
        South Lompoc Studebaker

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	00K0K_2X49BPJMzui_600x450.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	1696084
          I don't know guys, it looks pretty good from this angle.
          sigpic

Comment

That Red car up there in number 6 of #14 is a real pig.

Comment

While it's not my cup-of-tea, I will salute the guy for finishing up the body work. What I find far sadder is all the cars that get cut up to make somebody's dream and the job never gets finished, just sent out to the crusher by the survivors of the estate.

Comment

Commanderpink1 -

Not really, it shows the "cheap" Moon, snap-on wheel covers. Those covers, while possibly made by Moon Equip., they are NOT the actual covers made by Moon Equipment to go racing with. The true race wheel covers were attached by small screws to the edge of the rim.

As has been said, no comment on the original post or pictures.

Mike

P.s. - I like picture #2...Mattel where are you ?

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp View Post
                  There will always be cars (both custom and stock) that I don't like. I like most...but not all.

It's really not difficult to find cars that MOST people would not care for. (BTW, Studebaker built a lot of them ). Here's a few for those that have to be "one up" on someone with something...

(BTW, I can come up with plenty more if this is a good use of band width on the forum)
                  Well...doggone it...Guilty as charged...leave it to Steinkamp to add perspective. After his post, the original car looks like a rose in full bloom!

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
                  I'm with you. I've said the same thing on similar threads and I'm mostly ignored.

What's even worse is that a moderator started this one.

The car is FOR SALE. If you don't like it and it bothers you that much, buy it and change it.
                  Which proves that...even moderators, aint't purfeck!

But...we also must admit...some make it so easy.
                  John Clary
                  Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

This car reminds me of some initial concerns I had about our custom when joining SDC in 2007. We have received almost no criticism even from die hard purists especially when they find out it was customized in the mid 50's by my wife's father and uncle before my wife was born. Many recognize it as a Stude because of the side sheet metal, wheel covers, and adherence to the classic '53 low slung styling. If we had customized it after having a chance to keep it original, it would be more difficult to defend. In fact, before criticizing any Stude custom it might be appropriate to know the why, where, and when of the car's history. As Dick Steinkamp once told me-Don't worry about the critics, just enjoy having a one of a kind car that will give you a chance to educate others about Studebakers. And that has definitely been my experience over and over again.
                    Tim-'53 Starlight Commander Custom and '63 Avanti in Yuma, AZ
                    https://www.jimsrodshop.com/project/53-resurrection https://www.jimsrodshop.com/project/always-ahead

Comment

It's really not difficult to find cars that MOST people would not care for. (BTW, Studebaker built a lot of them ). Here's a few for those that have to be "one up" on someone with something...
                      Holy cannoli, Dick Steinkamp - I think you just made my day with those pics!

Comment

Something different

http://lawton.craigslist.org/cto/4919153934.html

Comment

I've seen worse, much worse. Did he do it to be different or to save $ on parts? I'd guess the latter since the rest of the car is the basic Studebaker body.
                          If he did it because he wanted to repair a crash-damaged car, than I certainly don't have a problem with it...I'd rather see it this way than on a one way trip to China as scrap.
                          If he did it to be different, well there is a danger...and bravery...in changing a car seen as a masterpiece or icon. I bet there are more than a few in the SDC who don't like the 56-on hood and grille.

Hopefully I won't be labeled as "hater" if I politely suggests it reminds me of an East German Trabant.
                          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trabant

Or a 56 Powell pickup... http://www.hemmings.com/hmn/stories/..._feature7.html

But let's try to compare apples with apples...there is a HUGE difference between the car in the original post and those Dick posted...most of those were clearly meant as a joke (or a "leg pull" as my UK friends say).
                          Just trying to keep the perspective straight...
                          Last edited by JBOYLE; 03-29-2015, 01:24 PM.
                          63 Avanti R1 2788
                          1914 Stutz Bearcat
                          (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Whatever comments I could make, pro or con, the only one I will make is how did he get all those trophies without replacing the door rubber?
                            "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                            sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

Just saw this on facebook... not a comment by me, just seemed timely to this discussion:
                              Last edited by Studedude; 03-29-2015, 02:30 PM.
                              sigpic
                              Dave Lester

Comment

Dick, love the use of the bandwidth! I especially got a laugh out of the furry ones and the box-car with the kids on the roof!
                                Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                                K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                                Ron Smith
                                Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Working...
                                X