Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

62 GT on ebay, looks like it might be a good deal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 62 GT on ebay, looks like it might be a good deal.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201318025171...5171&viewitem=

Is this a correct color?
    Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
    50 Champion 2 door*
    53 Commander K Auto*
    53 Commander K overdrive*
    55 President Speedster
    62 GT 4Speed*
    63 Avanti R1*
    64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

I agree. jimmijim
    sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

I think it looks like it's the correct color but the fire wall and inner fenders where never black.Other than that nice car.

Comment

For it to be the "Correct Color" there would have to have been a Yellow Color that year.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

I agree with Rich, I don't remember yellow paint being offered in 1962 and the grill is from a 63. Bud

Comment

I get mixed signals from a Car like this.
            Why would someone go to all the trouble and expense to special order and drive who knows how Far to pick-up a Tar Top Battery seemingly wanting to do "Original", but get the GM Delco Yellow screw-on Caps instead of the Willard with the Red ones, use bare '64 Tail lights, Custom White Door Panels with backwards Handles, 90 Degree Rotated Pedals, Yellow non-stock Paint, a '63 Grill with Body Color Paint behind, and a blackout Engine Compartment?

I guess it's just another one you have chalk up as "Different Strokes".

I guess not everyone gets it, that a Classic Car needs to be:

1. Original and Stock.

2. Slightly (Mildly) Modified like: more invisible items, Aftermarket Disc Brakes, Dual Master Cyl. lighted Fender Marker "Fins" like it has, New Edelbrock 4 Brl. Carb. etc.

3. Or, all out Modified as in Chevy. 350 Power, flared fender wells, tubbed, fat tires and Wheels, Mouse Gray Tweed 2015 Type Interior, Mustang II Suspension, 4 Wheel Disc. Brakes, Resale Red Paint, the Sky is the limit, take your pick.

Did I mention that this is a very beautiful '62 GT Hawk, and it looks good as is?
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

'Looks like a very nice car. That yellow was not among the regularly-available 1962 colors, but looks awfully nice on the car; not too bright. 1963 grille, too. BP
              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
              "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Would not be my first choice for color but I used to own a 66 Mustang 2+2 very nearly the same shade of yellow. It does appear to be a very well done paint job. The white door panels, on the other hand, just don't work with the yellow paint. I would have to swap them out with all black. The 63 front grill is ok. Maybe the original was damaged and this was on hand. Or he just liked it better than the original.
                Last edited by wlfrench; 03-29-2015, 09:58 AM.
                I'd rather be driving my Studebaker!

sigpic

Comment

I like this Hawk...The exterior color looks great....and the interior is beautiful....well worth the asking price! (4 speed to boot!)

Comment

Working...
                  X