• showbizkid
    replied
    This is why we can't have nice things.

Leave a comment:

• SN-60
    replied
    Originally posted by 55 56 PREZ 4D View Post
    Other way round.
    It's to block your view of that stupid birds upturned rump.[big winking smiley face here]
    That's my opinion only.
    You know what they say about opinions!

Leave a comment:

• 55 56 PREZ 4D
    replied
    Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
    Isn't the 'blocking function' kind of like an ostrich sticking its head into a hole in the ground so it can't be seen?....Just wondering
    Other way round.
    It's to block your view of that stupid birds upturned rump.[big winking smiley face here]
    That's my opinion only.

Leave a comment:

• Studedude
    replied
    Originally posted by pdrnec View Post
    Did Dick say something?
    I think so, but I wouldn't admit seeing it.

Leave a comment:

• pdrnec
    replied
    Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp View Post
    For 27 minutes there, I thought Pat might be using that blocking thing on you and wouldn't see your post

Did Dick say something?

Leave a comment:

• SN-60
    replied
    Isn't the 'blocking function' kind of like an ostrich sticking its head into a hole in the ground so it can't be seen?....Just wondering

Leave a comment:

• Dick Steinkamp
    replied
    Originally posted by Studedude View Post
    PAT! Good to see ya!
    For 27 minutes there, I thought Pat might be using that blocking thing on you and wouldn't see your post

Leave a comment:

• pdrnec
    replied
    Back at ya Dave!

Leave a comment:

• Studedude
    replied
    PAT! Good to see ya!

Leave a comment:

• pdrnec
    replied
    That blocking function is a great tool - used it for a couple of irritants and my blood pressure dropped about 20 points. I'm sure I'm on a few block lists as well, no doubt

Leave a comment:

• garrilla
    replied

Leave a comment:

• reichsrundfunk
    replied
    You think it's bad here? Try the Mercedes-Benz forum! Holy crap. It's all about 4 or 5 guys and God forbid you ask a question you "should" know the answer to, or dare question anything the aforementioned "4 or 5" state. I still own and enjoy my 380SL but rarely post there anymore

George

Leave a comment:

• SN-60
    replied
    Clark, we've had our 'ups and downs'...but I must say that you're a hell of a good writer!

Leave a comment:

• showbizkid
    replied
    A few numbers to help put this issue in perspective.
    • We have over 10,000 registered users of this Forum.
    • Over 1,000 are active users, i.e., they participate on a regular basis.
    • On a regular day, there are around 500 people visiting the Forum on a regular basis.
    • We have an average of between 200 and 300 new posts per day!

With that in mind, of those 1000 regular users, there are - what? 15 that don't get along? That's about 1/1000th of our total membership.

Given those numbers, I think we're a pretty civil place.

There are always going to be personal conflicts. The Mod Squad here have been criticized for being too lax, being too harsh; for being too quick to jump in, not quick enough. I, personally, have been accused of "concierge moderation" - by both parties on each side of a conflict!

When all's said and done, we're a pretty great group of guys (and ladies). We take care of each other, we love our cars, we help folks who need it, and the overwhelming portion of us take the high road and simply move past things that rankle us.

It's my personal opinion that we've got a wonderful place to congregate, talk tech, and spread the Gospel of South Bend to folks who want to know about it. Let's concentrate on those good things, move forward, put personal differences behind us, and continue to adopt newbies and make them welcome.

Keeping the marque alive - that's what we're all about. Right? The things that divide us are nowhere near as strong as the ties that bind us.

Leave a comment:

• 55 56 PREZ 4D
    replied
    Please ! No preaching. Do that internally.
    Then, just practice publicly.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X