X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ddub
    replied
    Instead, click on the little triangular exclamation-mark icon at the bottom left of the offending post and it will be reported to the Mod Squad. We'll take it from there

I was on this forum several years before I was aware of that littlle triangle and what it is for, but it works.
    Thanks![/QUOTE]

Leave a comment:

• showbizkid
    replied
    Let me reiterate that when our members see something out of line, they should not take it upon themselves to correct the poster. That only feeds the fire.

Instead, click on the little triangular exclamation-mark icon at the bottom left of the offending post and it will be reported to the Mod Squad. We'll take it from there

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• hausdok
    replied
    Originally posted by jimmijim8 View Post
    It can be attributed to human nature. cheers jimmijim
    I dunno, Jim.

My parents used to tell us kids that when we were in a group of people that if we couldn't say anything nice we shouldn't say anything at all. Maybe if more folks assumed that attitude here.....

Leave a comment:

• jimmijim8
    replied
    It can be attributed to human nature. cheers jimmijim
    Originally posted by Aussie Hawk View Post
    Hello all,
    I've been visiting this forum for the past four or so years, and seen a few forum posters come and go, for whatever reason. But it's come to the point where I have to have my say. What the hell is it with the negativity of some forum posters? It is obvious that some posters seem to lay in wait for for others to post something they can attack, or nit pick. Whether it be grammar, or details of their projects, my God people we are all Studebaker owners, and supposed to be supporters of other owners - with some you would have to guess otherwise! I've had enough, I give you fair warning I will call you out. If some new Stude owner read some of the posts on this site they would withdraw and not visit again. Get it together boys, support the inexperienced, the uninitiated, help them don't get on your high horse and belittle them.

Matt Pettigrew
    Brisbane
    Australia

Leave a comment:

replied
    Just another form of cyber bullying. I guess I have a thick skin- I just ignore bully posters.

Leave a comment:

• Champ51
    replied
    I agree that sometimes the conversation here gets a little ugly, BUT it is just like everywhere else in our lives. There are always some people I admire greatly and some I can't stand. I prefer to just ignore or gloss over those conversation which I think are offensive. I hone in on the people that have information which interests me, and when they occasionally say something stupid here, you chalk it up to the fact that they are human beings.

This is the balance between freedom of expression and freedom from being offended.

Leave a comment:

• hausdok
    replied
    Matt,

I agree with you 100%. There are certain folks here who it's clear don't like one another and when one of them makes a post it seems the person that's their rival, or whatever you want to call it, can't wait to almost instantly jump on and say something that's borderline rude or belittling.

The problem with "calling them out" though is that both sides have their acolytes and if you call one of them out there are going to be defenders that will jump in as soon as you do that. Then the thread, whatever it is, will devolve into a mess that we ultimately have to heavily prune or delete altogether.

As you can imagine, even for three or four different moderators trying to keep tabs on it all there are a lot of conversations going on here and we can't all monitor every conversation in real time. Sometimes we never hear about issues until someone tips us off by reporting the post. Not long ago, one fellow reported a thread that had gone sideways to me by saying that he was sick of reading rude comments made by "cranky old men" and he asked that those folks displaying those cranky old men tendencies be banned from the forum.

Banning should be last resort. We're all supposed to be adults here. If we walked into a local pub and saw a fellow there that we didn't like we'd most probably leave that fellow alone. If that fellow tried to pick an argument, most of us would refuse to be baited and would ignore him so we can finish our drink in peace and enjoy the company of those we do like. A few of us might allow ourselves to be baited into an argument or fight but that would ultimately get us bounced out of the bar so most of us don't fall into that trap.

For some reason, folks aren't behaving that way when they come into this place and they are taking pot shots at each other. It sure would be nice if they'd just learn to avoid one another.

Leave a comment:

• avantilover
    replied
    Preferably report such posts to the moderation team so we can attend to them. I'm sure there are such "characters" in most clubs. They're not worth wasting time on in my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• Colgate Studebaker
    replied
    Matt, I have seen this also, and I realize that everyone is an individual, with their own personal traits. I understand that my viewpoints aren't the same as anyone else here, and those that have a "rough" edge to their comments are going to be out there, no matter what I say. I let those types to themselves and put little weight on their comments. The world is still going to turn, with or without their opinions. Your point about "newbe's" is very valid, as new folks haven't been exposed to these types of posters. Hopefully, they can figure out the way this, and many other forums, have both good and bad users. I prefer to be on the positive thought process, and I don't have a problem taking the detractors for what they are. Best to ya, Bill.

Leave a comment:

• Aussie Hawk
    started a topic I have a question

I have a question

Hello all,
    I've been visiting this forum for the past four or so years, and seen a few forum posters come and go, for whatever reason. But it's come to the point where I have to have my say. What the hell is it with the negativity of some forum posters? It is obvious that some posters seem to lay in wait for for others to post something they can attack, or nit pick. Whether it be grammar, or details of their projects, my God people we are all Studebaker owners, and supposed to be supporters of other owners - with some you would have to guess otherwise! I've had enough, I give you fair warning I will call you out. If some new Stude owner read some of the posts on this site they would withdraw and not visit again. Get it together boys, support the inexperienced, the uninitiated, help them don't get on your high horse and belittle them.

Matt Pettigrew
    Brisbane
    Australia
Working...
X