Ann Turner: Photoshop Genius

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ann Turner: Photoshop Genius

When you get your April 2015 Turning Wheels, look carefully at the inside rear cover color photo.

I was lucky enough to score a "Studebaker only" photograph of my 1964 Daytona convertible in front of The South Bend Chocolate Company's Chocolate Cafe on downtown Indianapolis' Monument Circle, the center of Indianapolis.

Unfortunately, I couldn't uproot and dispense with the prominent, orange, ugly NO PARKING sign in front of the business:

"No problem" for Turning Wheels Editor Ann Turner, the PM (Photoshop Master). Check out the reproduction inside the rear cover of the April 2015 Turning Wheels to see what I mean.

Superb job, Ann; thanks so much... BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

What a great looking Daytona BP. I bet its a very fun driver.

Comment

Originally posted by JEWELL View Post
      What a great looking Daytona BP. I bet its a very fun driver.
      Thanks, Mark; it's amazing what 20 feet between the lens and the subject can do, isn't it? It is a fun driver and very dependable for parades with its Phil Harris-modified MoPar High Capacity fuel pump bolting right up to the stock location. Even with Power Steering incubating the fuel pump, no vapor lock.

It has transported World War II Veterans in the Indianapolis Honor Flight Unit in the Indianapolis Veterans Day parades for the last three years.

Most recently, The 2014 Parade; the only Studebaker in it:

When one of the local TV stations covered the parade for the evening news, there were quite a few seconds of the car and occupants shown in the actual parade, in motion all by ourselves, with the units in front of us and in back of us not visible. Cool. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
      "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Well...hope you don't mind if I (for this picture) Dub this as the WHITE CHOCOLATE convertible.

Barring any unusual delay, my Turning Wheels should come today...another reason for anticipation.
        John Clary
        Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Ugly orange stop sign? No problem!

Click image for larger version

Name:	palma_convertible2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	112.3 KB
ID:	1696048
          Gary Ash
          Dartmouth, Mass.

'32 Indy car replica (in progress)
          ’41 Commander Land Cruiser
          '48 M5
          '65 Wagonaire Commander
          '63 Wagonaire Standard
          web site at http://www.studegarage.com

Comment

Yep, the very FIRST thing that Art would have done is Photoshop OUT that ugly sign, he hated things growing out of Cars!
            May he rest in Peace.
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Well done Gary, even looks like BP.

Laughs
              John Clements
              Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Tickle Me Palmo !!
                No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Some years ago, when I bought my first flatbed scanner, a Hewlett Packard, it came with a disc that included a photoshop software.
                  My first foray was to delete two people who were looking at the windshield placard on my '51 at a local show. They were standing between the tree and passenger front fender.

My next attempt was to present the '63 Cruiser as a Town Car. Then Len Shepherd re-posted it, adding the chauffeur.

Unfortunately, that free software could not be transferred to a newer computer. I guess you pay dearly for it now.
                  "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                  Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                  sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

Originally posted by garyash View Post
                    Ugly orange stop sign? No problem! [ATTACH=CONFIG]42386[/ATTACH]
                    Cute, Gary; very cute. BP

Ayn Rand:

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                      Yep, the very FIRST thing that Art would have done is Photoshop OUT that ugly sign, he hated things growing out of Cars!
                      Right, Rich. As you see, I was not supposed to park there, even for a moment.

Indianapolis' Monument Circle is patrolled by policemen making continuous laps, running people off parking around the perimeter, as I did. Sadly, since that is a fixed sign, I had to park and jump out and take the photo quickly, with no time to spare before being told to, "move along."

Thank goodness for Photoshop. BP

Ayn Rand:

Comment

May he rest in Peace.
                        I sure do miss that guy.

Comment

My brother stole my Photoshop, so this is the best I could do using Paint. I sure miss my Photoshop.Click image for larger version

Name:	Daytona 1964.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	1696057

Comment

Originally posted by TWChamp View Post
                            My brother stole my Photoshop, so this is the best I could do using Paint. I sure miss my Photoshop.[ATTACH=CONFIG]42396[/ATTACH]
                            That's a very nice job for having used Paint. Not having Photoshop I have used Paint to eliminate items from pictures, but not as neatly as your touchup.
                            Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
                            '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

May he rest in Peace.
                              Actually, the FIRST thing Art would have done, would be to ask me to Photoshop OUT that sign.
                              AT

Comment

Working...
                              X