All Carbed up & nowhere to go.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All Carbed up & nowhere to go.

Got carbs and exhaust on. Just have to get to muffler shop and hook em up. I have two Smithys for that ol timey sound. And moved battery to trunk. T 5 tranny is next Click image for larger version

Name:	studecarbs2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	1746573Click image for larger version

Name:	studecarbs3.jpg
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	1746574Click image for larger version

Name:	studebatt.jpg
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	1746575
    Working on old cars separates the men from the golfers.

It appears that you are having far too much fun.
    And that is an incredibly good thing.
    South Lompoc Studebaker

Comment

WOW! That is a beautiful set up. I am envious. Hope you get to put it on the road very soon. I know you're gonna love it.
      Joe Roberts
      '61 R1 Champ
      '65 Cruiser
      Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

*drool*
        That dual exhaust is going to sound so sweet!
        Andy
        62 GT

Comment

That's some SERIOUS Carbing up!

Exactly WHAT is that car? All I can tell is it has the old school Defroster, so it is pre 1959 or a pre '63 C/K.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
            That's some SERIOUS Carbing up!

Exactly WHAT is that car? All I can tell is it has the old school Defroster, so it is pre 1959 or a pre '63 C/K.
            55 coupe. Carter-Weber carbs.

Comment

Nice 6 banger action- I like the cloth wrapped wires too!
              Where are you located Cycledog?

Comment

Originally posted by BRUCESTUDE View Post
                Nice 6 banger action- I like the cloth wrapped wires too!
                Where are you located Cycledog?
                Spokane area, I think I got the head from you.

Comment

That's really cute...and it has to be the only six extant where the battery has been moved to the trunk! BP
                  We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                  "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                    That's really cute...and it has to be the only six extant where the battery has been moved to the trunk! BP
                    Are we talking only Studebaker sixes, or all makes with sixes?

If it includes all makes, I had a '65 Vanden Plas 4 Liter R which had the battery located in the trunk.

Craig

Comment

Its going to sound sooo nice with those headers. Cant wait to see the finished project!

Comment

Cycledog,I think I've seen your model T at the Medical Lake Founders Day. I think your info on your car said you were from Sprauge Lake,I think. I'm at Medical Lake with 1951 C Cab w sbc,1958 Silverhawk V 8 4 speed,1961 Hawk V8,lots of engines and parts.. Like the Smittys,have em on mine and sound great. Congrats on the nice job on your 55. Mike..

Comment

Originally posted by hawk58man View Post
                          Cycledog,I think I've seen your model T at the Medical Lake Founders Day. I think your info on your car said you were from Sprauge Lake,I think. I'm at Medical Lake with 1951 C Cab w sbc,1958 Silverhawk V 8 4 speed,1961 Hawk V8,lots of engines and parts.. Like the Smittys,have em on mine and sound great. Congrats on the nice job on your 55. Mike..
                          Wow good memory! When is Founders day this year? I would like to go.

Comment

Looks just like Curt Legasse's setup in Edmonton. I'm not sure if he put his battery in the trunk, though. Nice job.

Comment

Working...
                            X