Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gt hawk lower Windsheild mldg.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Gt hawk lower Windsheild mldg.

    Looking for nos or clean used pot metal Molding between the wiper arms below the glass for a 62-64 gt hawk. Only part number I could find was 896-303538.

  • #2
    Originally posted by swvalcon View Post
    Looking for nos or clean used pot metal Molding between the wiper arms below the glass for a 62-64 gt hawk. Only part number I could find was 896-303538.
    That piece of molding would be the same on all '53 to '64 C's and K's except the '55 C (that one is stainless steel).
    I have one if you can't find one closer.
    Jerry Forrester
    Forrester's Chrome
    Douglasville, Georgia

    See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

    Comment


    • #3
      I'll check it again tomorrow Jerry but it looks like it is plated pot metal. This one is pitted bad. I wouldn't think it would do that if stainless. It's the one that bolts to the cowl panel between the wiper arms.
      Last edited by swvalcon; 03-21-2015, 07:56 PM.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by swvalcon View Post
        I'll check it again tomorrow Jerry but it looks like it is plated pot metal. This one is pitted bad. I wouldn't think it would do that if stainless. It's the one that bolts to the cowl panel between the wiper arms.
        Yes, I know exactly what you are talking about. It is chrome plated pot metal, sometimes called white metal, sometimes zinc diecast.
        Jerry Forrester
        Forrester's Chrome
        Douglasville, Georgia

        See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Jerry Forrester View Post
          Yes, I know exactly what you are talking about. It is chrome plated pot metal, sometimes called white metal, sometimes zinc diecast.
          You act like you know a thing or two about chrome, or somethin'.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by mbstude View Post
            You act like you know a thing or two about chrome, or somethin'.
            I stumble across a piece now-and-again.<G>
            Jerry Forrester
            Forrester's Chrome
            Douglasville, Georgia

            See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Jerry Forrester View Post
              I stumble across a piece now-and-again.<G>
              Did you put wheels on your chair?

              (don't hit me)

              Comment


              • #8
                Jerry how much to replate it? THAT'S MY NEXT OPTION.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Check for a PM.
                  Originally posted by swvalcon View Post
                  Jerry how much to replate it? THAT'S MY NEXT OPTION.
                  Jerry Forrester
                  Forrester's Chrome
                  Douglasville, Georgia

                  See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X