Flamingo 1961 Cruiser on e-bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flamingo 1961 Cruiser on e-bay

Note the seller's description of the automobile market in the first paragraph describing the car:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Studebaker-L...m=161643073783

Rather inviting, eh? BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

This one needs a lot more help than a quick look at the fairly good looking Pics would indicate.

It could be affordably saved if the price were half of asking.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

I think that is the first Cruiser I have ever seen in Flamingo paint. It is also about the least optioned Cruiser I have ever seen. Really nice car, though. Performability for the Jet Set! <G>

Comment

Looks a lot like the one we purchased down in Centre, Alabama and drove back to Boston several years ago...'cept that one was an overhead six!

Comment

Originally posted by qsanford View Post
          I think that is the first Cruiser I have ever seen in Flamingo paint. It is also about the least optioned Cruiser I have ever seen. Really nice car, though. Performability for the Jet Set! <G>
          Other than 289 automatic setup, that is! <G>

Comment

Originally posted by qsanford View Post
            I think that is the first Cruiser I have ever seen in Flamingo paint.
            I posted a photo of a well equipped one here a few years ago: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...light=flamingo

Craig

Comment

That's a nice one, too! I hope it survived.

Comment

The rust in the doors tells me you will find a lot more of it when seeng it in person.
                61 lark cruiser
                64 daytona 2dr hardtop

Comment

I wonder what 'people flicked to the car in small drives' even means. No idea. Then the big 3 "found" cars that knocked it right on its ass. Also, they are pricing the car 'agressively'. I can see that by the price being double. But what ticks me off along with all that is claiming only "surface rust" when you can clearly see holes in the driver's door in the first picture; and all this from somebody claiming to be a business. He has a nice group of cars listed. I wonder how he's got them given his poor literacy.
                  Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth—let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                  Romans 15:13
                  Deuteronomy 31:6
                  Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Careful Buddy, don't become a StudeRich!

Telling the obvious, honest TRUTH here is frowned upon!
                    StudeRich
                    Second Generation Stude Driver,
                    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
                      Looks a lot like the one we purchased down in Centre, Alabama and drove back to Boston several years ago...'cept that one was an overhead six!
                      Was that some odd conversion? 1961 Cruisers came standard with a 259 V8 and the 289 V8 was optional.
                      Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                        Careful Buddy, don't become a StudeRich!

Telling the obvious, honest TRUTH here is frowned upon!
                        Who gives a crap? i don't give a damn what a couple trolls think. Maybe my delivery is a little too direct for some, but nobody can question my love for Studebakers... and good Studebaker people. I'll just keep on being happy regardless
                        Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth—let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                        Romans 15:13
                        Deuteronomy 31:6
                        Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                          1961 Cruisers came standard with a 259 V8 and the 289 V8 was optional.
                          The '61 Cruiser I owned was just as sparsely optioned as this one is; bench seat, no radio, PS or PB, although it was an automatic with the standard 259 cubic inch engine. Of course there is no telling for sure if this one is a 289 until he states the engine number.

Craig

Comment

Working...
                          X