Huge Studebaker Parts Haul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huge Studebaker Parts Haul

Here is a link to a Seattle Craigslist listing for a huge collection of Studebaker parts. Lister states will sell all or one part at a time. It may too much for the seller to make a list of individual parts. Sellers name is Ernie Smith and his phone number is listed as 253-380-6603
    http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/pts/4928584817.html

Ed Sallia
    Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Looks to be a GT Hawk trunk lid in the stash!
    sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
    Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
    "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

sals54

Comment

I think this goes back to what some of the people on the forum have stated lately. A lot of old folks and the market is getting flooded on common stuff.

Comment

Just called on antennas. He want $150 for any non working antennas

Comment

O.K. Roy, I won't call him on the radios then, thanks

Comment

We need some more parts vendors with younger blood
              Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
              1961 Hawk 4-speed
              1967 Avanti
              1961 Lark 2 door
              1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

I have know Ernie since he was a toddler, This stash of parts is what his late father amassed over the years, he is a very busy person and is just trying to help his mom out by trying to sell off this large collection of parts, (I do know he will take a lot less than the posted amount if you wanted it all).
                He is not really up on current pricing, I know the collection (I considered purchasing it but I too am downsizing and do not have 10-15 years of ambition left to liquidate it all), in my opinion some of the items he has sold way too cheap and other things is asking a bit much, just because he states a price on items when asked I would suggest if you really want an item, be diplomatic, make an offer, you might be surprised.
                Mark Chance

1933 Model 56 5 window Coupe

Comment

Mark, I concur. There are definitely some parts here that we as the Studebaker community should not want to see go to the scraper. Once they are gone, they are gone.
                  Ed Sallia
                  Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

I consider myself fortunate to have sold my entire inventory of parts to one buyer and to have given my heirs one less collection to have to liquidate.
                    Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

Originally posted by Guido View Post
                      I consider myself fortunate to have sold my entire inventory of parts to one buyer and to have given my heirs one less collection to have to liquidate.
                      Some people do not seem to realize the cost and effort in selling parts and that bulk sales go for a lot less than the sum of the parts (unintended pun).
                      I sold my stock, a large truck and trailer load, to one vendor for less than ten cents on the dollar. We were both satisfied.
                      Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I know a fellow in the St. Louis area who is looking for a '53 or '54 coupe hood. He may be at the international meet with his car. Any leads on a hood? I have attached a photo of the car he hopes to have on display in St. Louis.
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	Worlds fastest steel Studebaker.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	1695936

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Mute View Post
                          I know a fellow in the St. Louis area who is looking for a '53 or '54 coupe hood. He may be at the international meet with his car. Any leads on a hood? I have attached a photo of the car he hopes to have on display in St. Louis.
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]42122[/ATTACH]
                          Since it is a highly modified car of the "hole in the hood" variety, why not use a fiberglass hood? Since it is not a stock class, I would think that he would prefer the lighter weight.
                          I am not against the car. It looks like an excellent race car. I know - his car, his money. I would just rather keep these rare C/K hoods for stock examples (that won't be cut up).
                          Gary L.
                          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                            Some people do not seem to realize the cost and effort in selling parts and that bulk sales go for a lot less than the sum of the parts (unintended pun).
                            I sold my stock, a large truck and trailer load, to one vendor for less than ten cents on the dollar. We were both satisfied.
                            I agree, how many years would I have to have made the trip to York to stand in the cold and snow to sell everything and get more money? As it stands, I passed on the parts and the trailer they were stored in.
                            Last edited by Guido; 03-18-2015, 04:56 PM. Reason: Add ?
                            Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

I called him again. He states that he wanted a $150 for a non working antenna. I gave him an offer, he told me that he would rather scrap it. Not what I wanted to hear.

Comment

Working...
                              X